Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
I have movement...
THE MAN FROM BARWON RIVER

There was movement at the station, for the word had passed around
That Charlie from the Blues had got to play,
And had joined some other players - at an unattended ground
So all the cracks had healed, which allowed him to play.
All the tried and noted players from VFL sides near and far
Had mustered at the oval, not a spectator in sight,
For he played a good three quarters and one goal might be sub-par,
But he left without a stretcher to Blues supporter's delight.

Sorry Banjo.
EDIT: Just realised I rhymed play with play! What a wordsmith :tearsofjoy: :whistle:

Last edited:
Blues brothers: Charlie Curnow makes bold pitch to play Ed’s milestone match

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No VFL again this weekend, I don’t think he’ll play AFL this year, he would need a month at VFL level you’d think.
Why? Not sure that he needs to prove his ability at that level so it's only ensuring that he pulls up o.k. structurally then it's onwards and upwards.. just as much (if not more) chance of a re occurrence running around in reserves scratch matches.

One more scratch match playing extra minutes and I would select him for the saints game.

Interesting that Teague on afl360 said that Charlie had rung him yesterday to tell him he had pulled up well and was good to go.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Why? Not sure that he needs to prove his ability at that level so it's only ensuring that he pulls up o.k. structurally then it's onwards and upwards.. just as much (if not more) chance of a re occurrence running around in reserves scratch matches.

One more scratch match playing extra minutes and I would select him for the saints game.

Interesting that Teague on afl360 said that Charlie had rung him yesterday to tell him he had pulled up well and was good to go.
Playing in a Mickey Mouse scratch match does not count as match fitness.

VFL is far more intense.

Interesting that Teague on afl360 said that Charlie had rung him yesterday to tell him he had pulled up well and was good to go skateboarding with mates.

expecting this to be part of a photographic display when young will climbs this high over an * opponent in 18 years or so............

1626747608222.png

surprised he’s not trying this stunt standing on wet steps whilst wearing a pair of thongs.

:p
shot was taken back in 2019 but yeah...........hopefully he understands how important he is to our future success now...........

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Playing in a Mickey Mouse scratch match does not count as match fitness.

VFL is far more intense.
It's not about intensity, if he works hard and hits the GPS numbers and pulls up well that's all they care about. Repeat sprints etc. He doesn't need to show his ability in a more competitive vfl. Everyone knows his ability.

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
We're all keen to have him back as soon as he's fit, but...

He was described as being pretty rusty. Moved well, but rusty.
And then he says he wants to play in his brother's 200th.

If we're all about integrity of selection, etc, then the message needs to be that he has to earn his spot as well.
Regardless of his fitness, 2 years is a lot of rust, especially for a player who's played less than 60 games.

Back