Player Watch Charlie Dean

Remove this Banner Ad

He speaks quite well, good head on his shoulders from everything I've seen or heard from him.

OK. So to re-phrase it, if they give him an opportunity as a defender, it'll mean he hasn't taken his opportunity as a forward.

I’m not getting this obsession to label players failures before they’ve even had those opportunities. They’ll be what they’ll be, be that either forward or back. Whatever that ultimately is well exceeds what a few dickheads on BF have ever achieved yet they’re the failures. Just a ridiculous discussion and that’s my final contribution to it.

We gotta get to work on the nicknames. Dean Ween? Jimmy Dean? The Deaninator (or other Community-related puns)? Maybe Coke Principal?

Gotta be Chuck D (from Public Enemy)

Fitting theme song

No, he is not.

He is much more likely to end up as a forward BECAUSE THAT'S THE POSITION HE WAS RECRUITED TO PLAY.

If Howe had kicked 6 goals a game on debut as a forward for Collingwood, he would never have become an intercepting defender.

It doesn't mean the switch to defence was a failure, for chrissake, it means his short career as a forward for us was.

If it hadn't been, he'd still be one.

This really isn't hard to understand
I think Howe’s move back was more out of need to reinforce our defence due to injuries, than any failure as a forward.

Howe went to another level as an intercepting defender and he hasn’t seen the forward line since. It was not a failure, actually a triumph.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was informed by a mate that Charlie Dean was not only captain of football at Wesley College, but captain of cricket and the school itself. We need leadership that's for sure.
Perfect for our AFLW team.
Only kidding.
It was great Wesley finally brought boys into the school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back