Rumour Charlie Dixon Facebook Rumor

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch is a vanity President. The best Presidents are those you barely hear about. There's only two reasons you'd take on the honourary role of Prez. One is because you love the club and you will do what ever you can to help it succeed, or two, because it's all about you and building your brand. Koch is clearly in the second category. Say what you like about Eddie, but he undoubtedly loves Collingwood to a fault.

Koch was what they needed to pull them out of the massive hole they'd dug for themselves. Did a great job to get them back on their feet.

He's not what they need now though.

Koch was what they needed to pull them out of the massive hole they'd dug for themselves. Did a great job to get them back on their feet.

He's not what they need now though.
Agreed with this. When I think of vanity president I think of rod butters. Kochies method may not necessarily be the right or best one but I think he's had a big part in bringing Port back from the brink.

Agreed with this. When I think of vanity president I think of rod butters. Kochies method may not necessarily be the right or best one but I think he's had a big part in bringing Port back from the brink.

He has certainly had an influence, but the main person who turned the club around is Keith Thomas who was forced on Port Adelaide by the SANFL when they still had the licence. Port needed to be saved from themselves and he's the one who dug deep to do it. Koch is just fluff and icing that has attracted some attention. The grand China plans and all that stuff is a distraction from their core business of.....football. Koch doesn't understand football and especially the differences between an equalised competition and the days when Port Adelaide could buy and attract what ever players they needed to win a flag.

Koch is a vanity President. The best Presidents are those you barely hear about. There's only two reasons you'd take on the honourary role of Prez. One is because you love the club and you will do what ever you can to help it succeed, or two, because it's all about you and building your brand. Koch is clearly in the second category. Say what you like about Eddie, but he undoubtedly loves Collingwood to a fault.
Spoken like somebody that has NFI about Port. Because he's a media person he's not entitled to hold the position? Came in when the club was about to die. Has brought some major sponsors on board and reconnected with the community. Passionate about the club and said what is as supporters were thinking. But please keep sprouting your uninformed opinion.

If it's the Chuck Dixon to St Kilda rumour... his 3.6 will fit right in with Bruce/Billings/Gresham etc 60 goals 150 behinds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare their first 2 years and you'll realise just how dumb that comment is. Very few full forwards dominate in their first few years.

How can you expect him to dominate when he has no commitment? Never going to happen when he runs away to melbourne every time it gets a little bit tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you expect him to dominate when he has no commitment? Never going to happen when he runs away to melbourne every time it gets a little bit tough.

Sent from my iPhone using

It's not like he gets drunk the night before games like Charlie. Kane Cornes had a half decent career for a guy who likes to run away when things get tough

Compare their first 2 years and you'll realise just how dumb that comment is. Very few full forwards dominate in their first few years.

Schache's issues go well beyond what he has or hasn't displayed on the field.

Spoken like somebody that has NFI about Port. Because he's a media person he's not entitled to hold the position? Came in when the club was about to die. Has brought some major sponsors on board and reconnected with the community. Passionate about the club and said what is as supporters were thinking. But please keep sprouting your uninformed opinion.

Undermined his coach on more than one occasion. Now to the point where Hinkley wants out. Koch is clueless about football and is nothing more than a fluffy lighter version of Maguire. He'd better get on with finding another sponsor as another one has decided to drop your s**t truck club.

Yeah, Brisbane would have hated recruiting a bloke who kicked more goals this year than any Lion has kicked since 2010 and took more marks this year than any Lion has taken since 2009. Thank god you dodged that bullet.

Brisbane definitely dodged a bullet by not taking Dixon.
Would have completely wasted a really high draft pick for a position that doesn't need filling.
Schache is struggling big time, but he's not even required.
Hipwood with a clear run of injuries will be a superstar.
Ballenden is an absolute beast and actually a very similar player to Dixon, he is however a lot more advanced then what Dixon was at the same age.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brisbane definitely dodged a bullet by not taking Dixon.
Would have completely wasted a really high draft pick for a position that doesn't need filling.
Schache is struggling big time, but he's not even required.
Hipwood with a clear run of injuries will be a superstar.
Ballenden is an absolute beast and actually a very similar player to Dixon, he is however a lot more advanced then what Dixon was at the same age.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The lions are going so well they can afford to throw away a pick 2?

Undermined his coach on more than one occasion. Now to the point where Hinkley wants out. Koch is clueless about football and is nothing more than a fluffy lighter version of Maguire. He'd better get on with finding another sponsor as another one has decided to drop your s**t truck club.
This is just....lol.

You're right. It is, but all true.
How has Koch undermined Hinkley? How does GC chasing Hinkley equal him wanting out? And the only similarities between Koch and Eddie are their media profile. Really the only thing you got right is that we just lost a sponsor but that has more to do with their change of ownership than their relatively successful relationship with us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back