Recommitted Charlie Dixon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Strikes me as one of those players who lifts his output in a contract year. Not the same standard in other years.
What a laughable post .. you did know that he broke his leg and had problems when returning to play.

1593476610088.png

Now he is fit and firing after working with Chad Cornes ...
He wont be leaving Port, end of story ...

There is usually a club that has a fortune to play with and desperately needs a key forward to complete their side for a push up the ladder or tip them over the hump to get to the prelims, it used to always be the Bulldogs and Fremantle but I actually think it's Brisbane.

Turning 30 this year and requiring a trade would lean more to Port's advantage, especially if Jeremy Cameron is on the market and you might get to keep your draft picks for an extra $150,000 to $200,000 a year going that direction on key forwards to add to your list.

This screams Collingwood to me.

It's well documented how the Pies have wanted/needed a good big KPF since Cloke left.

Between Dixon and J.Cameron, the pies are surely going to be trying to nab one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will stay, but on a much lower contract. Hasn't really delivered on the big contract for various reasons, so will probably do the right thing by the club

The only way I can see him leaving is if a side comes in with a stupidly large contract. Like $1.2m a year. Which just isn’t going to happen for a 30 yo injury prone, inconsistent KPF, no matter how good he looks this year.

The missing piece for Collingwood if they don't win the premiership this year.

He re-structured the final year of his deal (2020) last year to help Port make more room in the cap.

He won’t be leaving.

All the more reason for him to expect a more lucrative new deal at the end of this year?

Not saying that he will leave, but as has been mentioned, he is nearly 30years old, in career best form, with only a limited time left to make good money from footy.

I think that it would be remiss of him not to explore his options.

Strikes me as one of those players who lifts his output in a contract year. Not the same standard in other years.
So you reckon he breaks his leg or ankles in purpose?

Bigfooty. Never change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back