Charlie Dixon or Mitch McGovern?

Remove this Banner Ad

Put McLovin in the Port squad for 2016 and Dixon in the Crows squad. I am sure we would be saying "Mitch who?"

Don't underestimate the importance of delivery. Don't underestimate having the 3rd or 4th best defender compared to the first. Don't underestimate having other decent forwards around you.

Happy with our team and where McLovin fits....not even sure why you'd want to do this comparison in the first place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For our (modern) system McGovern. He has strong hands, can run and we saw when Tex went down how he thrived being "the man".

For a system akin to footy in 1998, (which is what Vossy has brought to Port, swap out Fev for Charlie) Charlie. He is a big slow oaf. He does not have the workrate of our forwards. Gets tired easily and drops easy uncontested marks. There is also the issue of his ankle which will be with him for his career.

Put simply Dixon is a dinosaur, McGovern is modern footy.

Last edited:
Put McLovin in the Port squad for 2016 and Dixon in the Crows squad. I am sure we would be saying "Mitch who?"

Don't underestimate the importance of delivery. Don't underestimate having the 3rd or 4th best defender compared to the first. Don't underestimate having other decent forwards around you.

Happy with our team and where McLovin fits....not even sure why you'd want to do this comparison in the first place?

Charlie drops marks where the ball is put on his chest. Also part of the reason for "lack of delivery" at Port is that he is not in position when they win ball at HB. This is because he can not get there.

I love pouring s**t on Port, but this thread is stupid

Dixon is getting double/triple teamed with the ball being bombed on his head as the only target in dysfunctional forward line and a club waiting for their end of season draft pick.

McGovern is a 3rd or 4th tall in the highest scoring team in the league...

Shut this rubbish down

Wow can't believe so many people are saying Dixon. McGovern is only scratching the surface with what he can do. His hands are miles better than Dixons, he's much more agile, he's at least as good a kick, and he reads the play better. Dixon does get double teamed but he also constantly goes underneath the ball too far resulting in a lot of missed marks. My Port mate says Dixon should get his eyes checked because of that. Did you see Dixon Saturday night? When Port finally got the ball down forward to Dixon he had two shots at goal and squibbed them both. It was embarrassing for a guy on his salary to be playing like that. McGovern is far more talented.

I love pouring s**t on Port, but this thread is stupid

Dixon is getting double/triple teamed with the ball being bombed on his head as the only target in dysfunctional forward line and a club waiting for their end of season draft pick.

McGovern is a 3rd or 4th tall in the highest scoring team in the league...

Shut this rubbish down

Lol

If you picked right now based on what we know about Dixon's injury issues McGovern wins. But if you had these two guys lined up in the draft against each other as 18yo Dixon wins. McGovern doesn't really play the same role as Dixon anyway. He is more of that lead up medium forward. If you compared Dixon and JJ that would be closer but right now JJ appears to have more tricks and an X factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back