Recommitted Charlie Dixon [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol - 1 goal in a crushing loss. Terrible bump. Brown is so far in front it’s embarrassing.

Actually he's exactly this far behind:

A3751D02-4B9E-4EAF-8D6B-A9B905E37562.jpeg

One less goal and Brown wouldn't even fit in the screenshot.

Could be rumour, could be true.
He'll be a better fit for us compared to Ben Brown.

What annoys me the most is our Football director is talking rumours about the cross town rival's most influential player whilst they sit on top of the ladder while we are sitting at the bottom of the ladder and struggling to keep players ourselves and attract a father/son prospect let alone any, more established players within the league.

Look I'm not saying Dixon wouldn't go or he wouldn't be a good fit etc etc. But hell Roo keep your nose clean of this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the depth we have with Tall forwards at the minute I doubt we counter offer if 4 years is really what he’s being offered. Think we’d definitely play hardball however and ask for their first, especially with how compromised this draft is

If he is being offered 4 years then I would think he is off. It would be irresponsible of Port to offer anything more than 2 years with clauses for a third. As good as he's been this year this is his first injury free season in his career. I cant see that continuing when he's in his 30s.

If this did eventuate, and the reports are accurate about Port already having salary cap room, then we would be silly not to offer an eye watering amount to Jeremy Cameron. Whether he would be interested in moving to adelaide im not sure, but a solid list and a mega offer should at least get him to the table.

Alot of ifs buts and maybes tho and as even the Crowvertiser has pointed out, it could just be Roo talking out his sarse to deflect the abomination his tenure at the crows has become.

If he is being offered 4 years then I would think he is off. It would be irresponsible of Port to offer anything more than 2 years with clauses for a third. As good as he's been this year this is his first injury free season in his career. I cant see that continuing when he's in his 30s.

If this did eventuate, and the reports are accurate about Port already having salary cap room, then we would be silly not to offer an eye watering amount to Jeremy Cameron. Whether he would be interested in moving to adelaide im not sure, but a solid list and a mega offer should at least get him to the table.

Alot of ifs buts and maybes tho and as even the Crowvertiser has pointed out, it could just be Roo talking out his sarse to deflect the abomination his tenure at the crows has become.

There's always been a few whispers about Cameron being linked to Port over the years. I don't think he'd have any problems moving to Adelaide.

Whether he would be interested in moving to adelaide im not sure, but a solid list and a mega offer should at least get him to the table.
The part of Victoria he's from is arguably closer to Adelaide than Melbourne anyway and he seems like the type that doesn't want a super big bustling city.

I think this is all coming from his Manager who is currently negotiating. I wouldn't read anything into it.

No way anyone is offering four years. You couldn't offer anymore than two. He is playing his role but he is not exactly dominating the comp.

I think he will stay at Port for two years, maybe a third with some performance clauses. That would work out well for everyone. At that point Port would have either won the flag or going into a rebuild. Hinkley will either have the keys to the city or have been cut.

Whatever progress Port have made this year would be gone in a flash if we let Charlie leave. I'd rather overpay for him than trade him personally.

That said, 4 years? For a 30 year old crash and bash key forward who's played one injury free full season in his career? If that's legit it would be hard to blame Charlie for considering his options.

cant see him going anywhere else... 2 year deal at port on about the same or maybe a little less then what he’s on now.

the adelaide media love to talk the bloke up but looking at his career.. he’s little more than a Josh Jenkins that angrily crashes a pack every now and then.. they’ve now played the exact same amount of games..

Josh has kicked about 60 more goals than him over the journey though.. and charlie‘s temper sees him give away a lot of stupid frees..

0E871850-8D18-442B-8E52-3244581B1AB3.jpeg
B5141859-D174-48D6-B408-58C51AD1DE07.jpeg

cant see him going anywhere else... 2 year deal at port on about the same or maybe a little less then what he’s on now.

the adelaide media love to talk the bloke up but looking at his career.. he’s little more than a Josh Jenkins that angrily crashes a pack every now and then.. they’ve now played the exact same amount of games..

Josh has kicked about 60 more goals than him over the journey though.. and charlie‘s temper sees him give away a lot of stupid frees..

View attachment 943914
View attachment 943913
Nice stats...many here will under rate Jenkins and many over rate Dixon.

Nice stats...many here will under rate Jenkins and many over rate Dixon.
Obviously two different types of players... but both tall forwards and essentially if they arent kicking goals then you want them assisting their team mates in kicking them.. jenkins has him on both measures..

Charlie has him on contested possesions and the fear he puts into oposition defenders that would see them hesitant in contests.. which would help his team mates.

very similar careers stats wise though..

JJ has always been a polarising figure but definately underrated..

Obviously two different types of players... but both tall forwards and essentially if they arent kicking goals then you want them assisting their team mates in kicking them.. jenkins has him on both measures..

Charlie has him on contested possesions and the fear he puts into oposition defenders that would see them hesitant in contests.. which would help his team mates.

very similar careers stats wise though..

JJ has always been a polarising figure but definately underrated..
Nah JJ played in an era at Adelaide when goals were kicked for shits n giggles while Dixon’s battled solo in our wasteland of a forward line over the same journey

For mine put Dixon in the Crows forward line instead of JJ in that era and he would’ve been way more productive

Not Charlie’s fault we decided to be perennial underachievers during his tour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back