Rumour Charlie Dixon to request a trade home to Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This one was started by Mark Ricciuto a few days ago so you have to question whether there are ulterior motives at play but the events that followed would suggest there may be some validity to the rumour. Charlie himself was quoted as saying the rumoured offer was something along the lines of 4 million over 4 years and was asked at the end of the interview whether he would be staying with Port next year to which he responded "I think so. I’ve been here for a while now and hopefully it all gets sorted out and I can be." That's hardly a convincing response. It would be difficult to turn down that kind of money when you're about to turn 30 and obviously Brisbane look just as close to winning a flag as Port right now. Dicko is off contract this year so that probably adds to the rumour and he's obviously lived the life of a Queensland-based AFL footballer in the past so he'd know what he's getting himself into by moving back. Just in case there is any confusion, he has been linked to a big money move to Brisbane, not Gold Coast.

There's a bit of back to the future going on with this rumour as it reminds me of the situation about a decade ago when Kurt Tippett was linked to a big money offer to return home to Queensland after playing for an Adelaide-based club for a few years.

This one was started by Mark Ricciuto a few days ago so you have to question whether there are ulterior motives at play but the events that followed would suggest there may be some validity to the rumour. Charlie himself was quoted as saying the rumoured offer was something along the lines of 4 million over 4 years and was asked at the end of the interview whether he would be staying with Port next year to which he responded "I think so. I’ve been here for a while now and hopefully it all gets sorted out and I can be." That's hardly a convincing response. It would be difficult to turn down that kind of money when you're about to turn 30 and obviously Brisbane look just as close to winning a flag as Port right now. Dicko is off contract this year so that probably adds to the rumour and he's obviously lived the life of a Queensland-based AFL footballer in the past so he'd know what he's getting himself into by moving back. Just in case there is any confusion, he has been linked to a big money move to Brisbane, not Gold Coast.

There's a bit of back to the future going on with this rumour as it reminds me of the situation about a decade ago when Kurt Tippett was linked to a big money offer to return home to Queensland after playing for an Adelaide-based club for a few years.

Kurt Tippett would have moved to a team in Iraq if the money was there.

If Dixon gets a 4 year deal he should take it and run. Smart way to drive up his value though and potentially get more $$ at Port.

I think Dixon may have already signed a extension with Port, i don't have any More details at the moment but that's what I'm hearing.

It's bit of a strange rumour from Riccuto at the moment. In fact this was a real s**t show in the Adelaide media. So there is the Crows footy director floating rumours about Port players on MMM who he is employed by and so fair enough that's fair it is job as part of breakfast radio. Then he's copped flack over here as it does seem like he's deflecting a bit, then another crow board member in Rod Jamerson has come on the ABC to defend him and his rumour.

Strange situation to be honest.

I think Dixon may have already signed a extension with Port, i don't have any More details at the moment but that's what I'm hearing.

It's bit of a strange rumour from Riccuto at the moment. In fact this was a real sh*t show in the Adelaide media. So there is the Crows footy director floating rumours about Port players on MMM who he is employed by and so fair enough that's fair it is job as part of breakfast radio. Then he's copped flack over here as it does seem like he's deflecting a bit, then another crow board member in Rod Jamerson has come on the ABC to defend him and his rumour.

Strange situation to be honest.
Let’s keep rumors to the show hosted by the Collingwood president and produced by a Port board member please.

Let’s keep rumors to the show hosted by the Collingwood president and produced by a Port board member please.
I had to Google that to find the link, I assume you mean Footy Classified. Cos is listed ad CEO of McGuire media, not sure he is the producer, but there you go, the more you know.

Let's be honest, if there was that sort of money floating around to throw at a key forward Bris would be looking at Daniher surely.
If Dix got that offer I'd I've no problem with him going after it.
Given we've got salary cap room apparently and about 8 senior players retiring or finishing over the next 2 to 3 years (Gray Boak Westhoff Ebert Hartlett Motlop Rockliff) add Dixon and I think Port would be chasing some big names too. Balancing of course some serious contracts for our young stars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So funny that Roo has now made it public (true or not) that Dixon knocked back a bigger, longer offer to go interstate to stay loyal at Port, casting even more shade on his own club.

He's the master of the own goal (or is that Owen goal?).

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's be honest, if there was that sort of money floating around to throw at a key forward Bris would be looking at Daniher surely.
If Dix got that offer I'd I've no problem with him going after it.
Given we've got salary cap room apparently and about 8 senior players retiring or finishing over the next 2 to 3 years (Gray Boak Westhoff Ebert Hartlett Motlop Rockliff) add Dixon and I think Port would be chasing some big names too. Balancing of course some serious contracts for our young stars.
Couldn't see the Gold Coast interested at all. I mean Ben King, enough said

Brisbane I would doubt as well.

Roo should worry about retaining his own bloody players at his bloody s**t truck of a club before starting rumours about players from other clubs (and that goes for anyone).

Couldn't see the Gold Coast interested at all. I mean Ben King, enough said

Brisbane I would doubt as well.
Dixon would've been a big improvement on 27 year old Sam Day. Plus it would mean that Ben King develops while another man-mountain is there drawing the attenion of the number 1 defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back