News Charlie Dixon - Traded to . . . ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure he is going for lollipops and rainbows

Was that to my "Allegedly 700K" post that I deleted? Sorry, I thought this was the main board.

Haven't read all the Posts here but happy to see Charlie go, he was never, ever going to stay. We should get a First Round Draft pick from Port and use that on a mature good player. I SERIOUSLY pray the GCFC aren't considering J.Schultz!! A 30yo at the end of his career for a 24yo power forward? We would go Backwards! Go SUNS! Thanks Dicko but See Ya, watch those Dickie ankles!!

Sounds like an argument that he is worth a 2nd round pick only.
Ball's in your court buddy
He wants out, and if all you're offering is perennial weeds then I'd rather the Club makes a bold statement and sends him to the PSD
What do we lose?
In your tiny world a second round pick in a weakish draft
That's why we get your first round and another sweetener
Same facts of life that made Dixon leave

I really think the trades going to be Charlie + our end of first round pick for a premium player.

Ball's in your court buddy
He wants out, and if all you're offering is perennial weeds then I'd rather the Club makes a bold statement and sends him to the PSD
What do we lose?
In your tiny world a second round pick in a weakish draft
That's why we get your first round and another sweetener
Same facts of life that made Dixon leave

My post was not suggesting his worth is a 2nd round pick.

Was merely making the point it is odd so many Suns fans and GC staff, including Eade, are talking down his value just before he makes his way out the door.

Hope we can sort this trade out well that will benefit both sides. Seem like a better club at handling trades then we had to do in the past when we had to deal with North Melbourne and more recently Essendon.

Why do people keep saying that "i hope the trade works out for both teams". I don't i hope we get a awesome deal and port don't. It's a competition. Each team is out to beat the other and lower them down. If we are both competing for finals next year Dixon could be the difference so i hope he doesn't do well only because i want us to do better.

If Rocket wants some players with a few miles. There are some fringe players at Port that I think would go well at GC and deserve the chance. Andrew Moore (has played finals), Sam Colquhoun and Cam O'Shea come to mind. For Moore and Colquhoun, they are simply behind A grade midfielders (Gray, Boak etc) but are decent AFL players when they have got the chance. Cam O'Shea looks to be in Port's best 22. I think they all might be getting frustrated with being the first one in and first one out when other players come into the side.

I think port's 1st rounder is fair, feels a little overs considering Dixon's health issue though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rocket wants some players with a few miles. There are some fringe players at Port that I think would go well at GC and deserve the chance. Andrew Moore (has played finals), Sam Colquhoun and Cam O'Shea come to mind. For Moore and Colquhoun, they are simply behind A grade midfielders (Gray, Boak etc) but are decent AFL players when they have got the chance. Cam O'Shea looks to be in Port's best 22. I think they all might be getting frustrated with being the first one in and first one out when other players come into the side.

I think port's 1st rounder is fair, feels a little overs considering Dixon's health issue though.

Don't see any of the players you mentioned being best 22 at GC once all players are back and are not good positional fits. Need 3rd tall forwards, quality mids crumbing forwards, shut down back pockets and potentially another ruck man

Don't see any of the players you mentioned being best 22 at GC once all players are back and are not good positional fits. Need 3rd tall forwards, quality mids crumbing forwards, shut down back pockets and potentially another ruck man
Agree. We have enough tyre kickers already.

Why do people keep saying that "i hope the trade works out for both teams". I don't i hope we get a awesome deal and port don't. It's a competition. Each team is out to beat the other and lower them down. If we are both competing for finals next year Dixon could be the difference so i hope he doesn't do well only because i want us to do better.

Dixon will NOT be the difference between our two sides next year. I do however think pick 10 is a fair deal. Anything more seems a bit much, considering half your board don't believe he is a " big" loss..

Been mulling the Dixon debacle this arvo. If Dixon was a FA this year, his rumoured contract of $3.5mil over 5yrs for a 24yo, would earn us a 1st Rd compo ie. Pick 4.

Dixon was only 12-months away from becoming a FA which is bloody unlucky.

Just my opinion, but to make up for this I reckon the Suns will go hard for Port's 1st Rd picks, this year & next year to try & make up for this lost pick.

Hyperthectical:

Dixon & this years 2nd Rd out

Ports pick 10 this year & 1st Rd next year.

Been mulling on this arvo. If Dixon was a FA this year, his rumoured contract of $3.5mil over 5yrs for a 24yo, would earn us a 1st Rd compo ie. Pick 4.

Dixon was only 12-months away from becoming a FA which is bloody unlucky.

Just my opinion, but to make up for this I reckon the Suns will go hard for Port's 1st Rd picks, this year & next year to try & make up for this lost pick.

Hyperthectical:

Dixon & this years 2nd Rd out

Ports pick 10 this year & 1st Rd next year.

I like your thinking but I think Port's list management would be crucified - gave away last year's 1st round pick and to give away 2 more picks would come back to haunt them.

If I was Port I would only do 2 picks if it was a Lynch, Hogan or Cameron type forward or if Dicko was still under contract

Dixon will NOT be the difference between our two sides next year. I do however think pick 10 is a fair deal. Anything more seems a bit much, considering half your board don't believe he is a " big" loss..
Personally Im shattered as a foundation member of our club, and an ex PAFC member. I've always rated Dixon and always a bit of a barometer for us, and no doubt will be for PAFC. I would hope we could negotiate a deal to get one of Ports top 5 mids even if we have throw in more of our picks or another player. Gorringe, Tape, Mckenzie.
Even got a photo with Charlie with my 8month old daughter at the time playing with his beard. Was a unique and unexpected experience. Suffice to say wife is dissapointed, and I am too. Sad day for the club in my opinion, with our very first player of the club departing.

Agree. We have enough tyre kickers already.
Jared Polec, Matt White and Jay Schulz where supposed to be tyre kickers until they got a fresh start at another club.

Andrew Moore was pick 9 in the draft and played both of Port's finals last year. How many players you got on your list that have played a prelim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back