Status
Not open for further replies.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No players at Port the Suns want. Just 'Picks'
And will be Firm on what they believe to be his trade value.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...to-port-adelaide/story-e6frf3e3-1227514877175
typical crap article from Andrew Hamilton, its the completely opposite of what Rocket said they will be doing this year.
Rocket might need to sort him out again
image.jpg

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
typical crap article from Andrew Hamilton, its the completely opposite of what Rocket said they will be doing this year.
Rocket might need to sort him out again View attachment 170408

That comment about Bennell being up for trade because we were clinical with Dixon leaving is utter bull****. Dixon is leaving for money and the writer is drawing a long bow to suggest that it was behavioral.

I am getting a little worried that where there is smoke there is fire when Gerard Wheatley reckons Bennell is out as he is the biggest fence sitter footy journalist there is so he wouldn't have said something unless he has heard something from someone in the know. I suspect the club will be listening to what other clubs have to offer...

I seem to have contradicted myself in the same post - Hamilton and Wheatley are on different ends of the sports journalism spectrum but in some way they are saying the same thing.

Last edited:

newcastlefalcon

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sad to lose Charlie , more so because he is a Qld boy . Seems as though Sam McClure has been right all along so credit to him , and should have respect for future Scoops"" . With that being said Charlie is going to be in the top 5% paid players in the league next year and Compo has to reflect that or get bloody close to it . Pick 10 has to be a base , can see another player or draft pick be included . All in all we should wish Charlie goodwill , he has taken a godfather deal and you cant begrudge , we would all do the same in his boots.

I am only just a bit sad to lose Dixon, real talent but those ankles??? It scares me that someone with his talent is injured so often but maybe with the right medical and conditioning he will be able to play a full season.

I think the deal will involve a pick from PA plus! I also think we will try and some how include Gorringe because he wanted go last year and we couldn't get the deal done because PA were stuck doing the Ryder deal. The two players would make the trade very interesting.

I know it is odd to say but I think the Suns have enough talls with their development over 2015. Always been a fan of Day, Lynch is an absolute gun (even the muppets on Channel 7 seem to have cottoned on to that) and I was impressed with the way that 2 metre Peter developed over the season not only during his limited senior game time but in the NEAFL too.

Smith is also odds on to go but not sure where, always been a fan of his for his agility but he's a ruck and he plays well there when he is not playing a seasoned ruck man. Maybe the second string to Mumford at GWS would be the best way to turn him into an A Grade Ruck?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am only just a bit sad to lose Dixon, real talent but those ankles??? It scares me that someone with his talent is injured so often but maybe with the right medical and conditioning he will be able to play a full season.

I think the deal will involve a pick from PA plus! I also think we will try and some how include Gorringe because he wanted go last year and we couldn't get the deal done because PA were stuck doing the Ryder deal. The two players would make the trade very interesting.

I know it is odd to say but I think the Suns have enough talls with their development over 2015. Always been a fan of Day, Lynch is an absolute gun (even the muppets on Channel 7 seem to have cottoned on to that) and I was impressed with the way that 2 metre Peter developed over the season not only during his limited senior game time but in the NEAFL too.

Smith is also odds on to go but not sure where, always been a fan of his for his agility but he's a ruck and he plays well there when he is not playing a seasoned ruck man. Maybe the second string to Mumford at GWS would be the best way to turn him into an A Grade Ruck?
I might be in the minority here but I'd rather we kept Smith unless we can get a mature and durable ruck man to replace him (NOT Minson). If Tommy goes down our ruck stocks are looking very thin. Charlie will be gone, we don't want to break 2MP by putting him in there. Leaves just Day and Brooksby.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I might be in the minority here but I'd rather we kept Smith unless we can get a mature and durable ruck man to replace him (NOT Minson). If Tommy goes down our ruck stocks are looking very thin. Charlie will be gone, we don't want to break 2MP by putting him in there. Leaves just Day and Brooksby.
Isn't Rockets plan to shed 4 kg's off Day and use him as a second option in the Ruck?

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Did you see him in the Swans game limping early again seems anytime he lands heavily he gets pain, also notice he starts thrashing around and giving away free's when he is well covered in defence, he is no sure bet for PA as a star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Did you see him in the Swans game limping early again seems anytime he lands heavily he gets pain, also notice he starts thrashing around and giving away free's when he is well covered in defence, he is no sure bet for PA as a star
Yep, commented on that to my GF who noticed the same thing. After landing ankle in a marking contest he was limping for the rest of the game. Also continued the habit of getting carried away and giving away frees.

Thankfully he can do no more harm to his value now that we're done for the year.

newcastlefalcon

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne

My only issue with keeping Smith is that Nicholls has gone past him as our No 1 ruck and there is no one to teach Smith how to play ruck. I know Primus is there but for me Smith just gets bullied too much by the big opponent rucks.

ImportExport

Senior List
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
in all seriousness would you guy be interested in Carlile or Trengove? not a straight swap but just a general question

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
article about Harley being not welcome at the B and F said we wanted two first round picks for Charlie from PA

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
in all seriousness would you guy be interested in Carlile or Trengove? not a straight swap but just a general question
Doubt it, more likely to be Lobbe and picks swapped somewhere.

With Dixon, Lobbe doesn't fit into Ports team really, and Ryder goes number 1 ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back