Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
He's everything Tye Vickery should be. Tye should watch closely the way he attacks the ball whether in the air or on the ground.

On the other hand, what are our chances of getting him to Richmond?

He's everything Tye Vickery should be. Tye should watch closely the way he attacks the ball whether in the air or on the ground.

Vickery is a better footballer than Dixon as it stands currently. That is no blight on Dixon who I rate very highly.

Apparently Ty leads the comp in contested marks in the last 6 weeks. That says to me he attacks the footy pretty hard.

Don't get the constant criticism by some of Vickery. He's a young tall who has shown plenty of good signs. He's starting to get the confidence back in his shoulders. I think he will become one our most important players if he isn't already.

Dixon is a great player but I wouldn't trade him for Vickery. Vickery is steadily improving, especially his ruck work and work around the ground. If he was kicking a few more goals, I daresay people wouldn't be on his back. He's coming back from some serious shoulder injuries. Let him build his confidence up and develop his game he will be a gun :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vickery is a better footballer than Dixon as it stands currently. That is no blight on Dixon who I rate very highly.
Hmm yeah I'm a Vickery fan but even I can see Dixon has gone past him. Consistency is what Vickery needs to work on

Hmm yeah I'm a Vickery fan but even I can see Dixon has gone past him. Consistency is what Vickery needs to work on
Fair enough, after looking at their stats you would have to say Dixon has had the better year. I would still take vickery going forward however, we will have to wait and see what they produce next year onwards as Dixon hasn't yet had to deal with long term injuries such as shoulder reconstructions which can be huge setbacks for big men as marking and ruckwork is a big part of their game. Vickers has only started to get this back over the last couple of weeks, taking some big contested marks consistently.

Apparently Ty leads the comp in contested marks in the last 6 weeks. That says to me he attacks the footy pretty hard.

Don't get the constant criticism by some of Vickery. He's a young tall who has shown plenty of good signs. He's starting to get the confidence back in his shoulders. I think he will become one our most important players if he isn't already.

Well people need to ay off of Vickery, he broke out in 2011 and had an injury plagued 2012 and is getting back to his best just now in 2013, 2014 he will be a very important cog in the RFC!!!

I think a big game is around the corner for Vickery and this Dixon comparison will be thrown in the bin. Vickery will be one of the most dominant big men in the game when the time comes!

Probably the only Northern lad we could entice, even then pure speculation.

Having talked at length about these things, I say be grateful for where Vickery is, because we would never have taken Dixon further.

Gotta say my opinion hasn't changed after the weekend. Vickery is ok, don't get me wrong, and I'm happy to have him in the team, but I've seen a few of Dixon's games and he's been "on" each time whereas Tye is on and off. At ground level there's no comparison IMO.

Gotta say my opinion hasn't changed after the weekend. Vickery is ok, don't get me wrong, and I'm happy to have him in the team, but I've seen a few of Dixon's games and he's been "on" each time whereas Tye is on and off. At ground level there's no comparison IMO.

Charlie is a bonafide freak, sprockets, at any level of play, be it aerial, ground level or contested. I've been itching to see him play against the best for a long time having seen him play junior footy.

GC rightly rate him as the best of their talls, that's why they've been so patient and will continue to be.

Vickery can play, was born with similar tools, but we haven't got close to successfully developing him. You wouldn't argue that GC have done better, but their raw material can go further by himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back