• Jason Johannisen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Keath

• Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caleb Daniel: 205 Votes, 363 Poss/18 Games, 20.17 Average, 225 Kicks, 138 Handballs. (Maximus)
Marcus Bontempelli: 195 Votes, 376 Poss/18 Games, 20.89 Average, 211 Kicks, 165 Handballs. (Maximus)
Tom Liberatore: 160 Votes, 332 Poss/16 Games, 20.75 Average, 150 Kicks, 182 Handballs.
Jackson Macrae: 154 Votes, 475 Poss/18 Games, 26.39 Average, 206 Kicks, 269 Handballs. (Maximus)
Bailey Williams: 121 Votes, 298 Poss/18 Games, 16.56 Average, 202 Kicks, 96 Handballs. (Maximus)
Alex Keath: 118 Votes, 179 Poss/18 Games, 9.94 Average, 113 Kicks, 66 Handballs. (Maximus)
Bailey Smith: 105 Votes, 382 Poss/18 Games, 21.22 Average, 190 Kicks, 192 Handballs. (Maximus)
Tim English: 89 Votes, 242 Poss/18 Games, 13.44 Average, 129 Kicks, 113 Handballs. (Maximus)
Lachie Hunter: 84 Votes, 253 Poss/10 Games, 25.30 Average, 137 Kicks, 116 Handballs.
Mitch Wallis: 83 Votes, 166 Poss/18 Games, 9.22 Average, 83 Kicks, 83 Handballs. (Maximus)

Having done all the top tens another one does not seem so bad, congratulations Caleb Daniel.

The enduring mystery of the Jack Macrae’s underperforming at B&Fs continues.

To have Smith and Williams in the top 6 is fantastic.
Remember telling my Carlton supporting brother in law about 3 years ago , we had another potential gun no one knows about. That prediction looked somewhat shaky last year , but Williams now is going to be a very important player for us .
Well done son, loved watching you play this year.

To have Smith and Williams in the top 6 is fantastic.
Remember telling my Carlton supporting brother in law about 3 years ago , we had another potential gun no one knows about. That prediction looked somewhat shaky last year , but Williams now is going to be a very important player for us .
Well done son, loved watching you play this year.
Williams has been excellent. It will be interesting to see how his career develops in terms of field positioning. Now that his confidence is rising, his contested skills and long kicking suggest he could be a weapon in various roles.

Nailed the top 4, just had bont and Daniel in the wrong order.
Williams has been excellent. It will be interesting to see how his career develops in terms of field positioning. Now that his confidence is rising, his contested skills and long kicking suggest he could be a weapon in various roles.
Agree. I think his best spot is where he is now though. The intercept marking for a guy his size is such a win.

Would be a popular win but given the votng system, missing a few games in a shortened year makes it almost impossible.

My top 10 would be; Daniel, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Keath, Williams, Smith, Wallis, English, JJ.
Predictions weren't quite nailed but not too far off. Daniel 1 (predicted 1), Bont 2 (2), Libba 3 (4), Macrae 4 (3), Williams 5 (6), Keath 6 (5), Smith 7 (7), Hunter 8 (-), English 9(9), Wallis 10 (8).

The only 2 more than 1 spot out of place were Wallis, who I reckon was a fraction lower than deserved given a very consistent performance in the hardest role in a struggling forwardline, and Hunter, who I discounted due to games missed but did play very well when available.

Good results overall.

The enduring mystery of the Jack Macrae’s underperforming at B&Fs continues.

I think what goes against Jack is that he is so quiet and unassuming and to be honest he is a great player, but do you ever really truly feel like he hurts the opposition? If he could kick a few more goals he would be come extremely damaging

Nailed the top 4, just had bont and Daniel in the wrong order.
Agree. I think his best spot is where he is now though. The intercept marking for a guy his size is such a win.
That's a fair call. I wouldn't mind a slight reworking of the defensive systems so that he gets more opportunity to be more of a flanker than a back pocket so we can see more of his run and carry and long kicking.

It truly is an amazing effort by Caleb Daniel.

Many considered him too small and wouldn't be able to play AFL. Drafting him was considered a risk.

And where do you play him?

But his skill, smarts, determination, vision, strength have seen him develop into an elite player.

Sure he has issues with mismatches at times, but that usually comes from a breakdown in defensive structures.

Congratulation to Caleb. Love watching him turn opposition players inside out.

He is a real team player and he will be a key part of our next Premiership.(2021)

Go Dogs.

KM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caleb and Bailey Williams are housemates, who trained together during the preseason and hiatus (when players could only train with one other :rolleyes: ). Their simultaneous improvement is no coincidence!

Roarke Smith is also a housemate to Caleb and Bailey

I think what goes against Jack is that he is so quiet and unassuming and to be honest he is a great player, but do you ever really truly feel like he hurts the opposition? If he could kick a few more goals he would be come extremely damaging

He hurts the opposition through winning a tone of ball and being one of the best stoppage and tackling players in the comp.

I get what you are say about a lack of hurt but at a certain point players games are what they are. Kicking a large amount of goals simply is not in Macrae’s game. I think he was more aggressive and direct with the ball than he had been in previous years.

Genuinely surprising that he was behind both Bont and Libba.

Back