Opinion Charlie vs Weitering vs McKay

Who you got?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Charlie has been sensational in 2018 and is loved by the media and opposition alike.

McKay has been our best forward in 2019 and is leading the comp in contested marks.

Weitering is a boss down back, was the no.1 pick and is coming into his own.

Who you got?

On current body of work, it's hard to go past Charlie. All have the potential to be multiple AA in their respective positions and have shown brilliance. But Charlie is the one who has done it more frequently to date. It's really hard to pick which one will go on to the be the best. Let's check in a decade...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

In that case, Charlie.

Can play almost anywhere on the ground so can go get his own ball if the rest of it is not working. The others could be victims of the team around them, Charlie can change that with a stint on the ball or wing.

More than happy to have all three though

Maybe I'm sucked in by the Kouta comparisons, but should Charlie achieve his full potential, he is a player who could make a significant impact wherever he is on the ground - forward, mid or back.

Having said that, it's such early days for all three. Who knows what will happen? Weiters could yet transition as a forward after all. Harry may end up a ruckman who rests in the forward line. What if Charlie has already peaked?

I'm just rapt we have all three and don't have to choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mckay in a landslide given time he's still blowing up imagine what he'll do when he's actually fit .
The attributes physically he has are astounding both now and even more given time .
Agility wise he's got it easily over the other 2 put another 3 or 4 kg on him get him fit with no ongoing injuries with another 20 or 30 games of development and its a no contest .
You can already see he's getting frees from the opposition player panicking when the ball gets kicked in front of him because of his height reach and agility .

Last edited:
Agree with Arr0w on this one. Weitering is just having a cracking season in defence and is becoming the rock that will hold our defence together for years. I suspect he'll be more consistent than both Charlie and Harry.

McKay over Charlie purely on form this year. if Charlie was playing like/building on last year, hard to go past him out of the two.

As for Weiters, we haven’t been competitive in our games this year because we’ve kicked big scores - it has been our defence keeping us in the game (yes we kicked a good score vs Dogs but our defense was solid in repelling attacks). He has been great this year.

Weiters+Jones & McKay+Curnow are/will be great partnerships at either end of the ground

Back