Strategy Chasing Greatness Fund

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the club still committed to this program or have they dropped it like a sack of sh*t?

Just notice by $10 monthly contribution has gone through.

Donations as of 2/06/21.

P.S. There's that bloody number again, someone needs to research the numerology of 119 as it keeps coming up on so many random things.

View attachment 1144752

Month OfDonorsMonthly InputTotalPercentage Of Target $13M
May 202192$44,027.00$44,027.000.34%
June 2021119$149,019.00$193,046.001.15%

Raising $150,000 from members in June when we are three days in is pretty good really. Just looks bad when the target is so massive ($13mil).

Raising $150,000 from members in June when we are three days in is pretty good really. Just looks bad when the target is so massive ($13mil).

Keeping an eye on this as its too early to tell but if the current rate is 150k per month, then it will take 7.2 years to payoff not including additional debt incurred during this period. I haven't seen much more promotion of this cause by the club lately so I am not sure if they are still actively seeking fan support.

Keeping an eye on this as its too early to tell but if the current rate is 150k per month, then it will take 7.2 years to payoff not including additional debt incurred during this period. I haven't seen much more promotion of this cause by the club lately so I am not sure if they are still actively seeking fan support.
It was advertised on the scoreboard on the weekend.

The Club now has a donation page up on the Australian Sports Foundation Website. It's interesting to see some of the other projects listed, including the "China Club" and Power Communities.

Also, not sure why it's listed as "Part 2"?
Its been up on the ASF website since we announced the fund on 15th May. But it didn't work properly back then.

I think its the Premiership Initiative Part 2 because the early days of ASF they would have specific eligible projects approved for specific things. Then the ASF introduced on going projects for more general funding ie sports science technology, coaching and player education and welfare etc that didn't have to get specific registration everytime the club wanted to raise funds, so this ongoing initiative was called Part 2.

Current update from the month starting of July.

I am not sure what happened to the monthly input here. I hope it's just a data update issue from the website.

Starting Month OfDonorsMonthly InputTotalPercentage Of Target $13MYears To Pay Off
May-2192$44,027.00$44,027.000.34%25
Jun-21119$149,019.00$193,046.001.48%11
Jul-21155$17,930.00$210,976.001.62%15

https://chasinggreatnessfund.com.au/

1625130366438.png

Looks like PAFC have already started dipping into this fund.

Starting Month OfDonorsMonthly InputTotalPercentage Of Target $13MYears To Pay Off
Aug-21163-$50,267.00$160,709.001.24%27

1627891865896.png

Looks like PAFC have already started dipping into this fund.

Aug-21163-$50,267.00$160,709.001.24%27

View attachment 1194348

Maybe few people stuffed it up and accidentally pledged a few hunge a month instead of in total...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody tough time to have people donate unfortunately when there's snap lockdowns occurring throughout Australia which will affect businesses and wages.
The big donors are the ones who should pull the cart. We seem to haven’t found enough of those yet.

The small donors come later, to get us over the line.

P.S.: I wonder why we started this without some big donors already committed. Or, have they backed off? A good start is really important, and we missed it.

The big donors are the ones who should pull the cart. We seem to haven’t found enough of those yet.

P.S.: I wonder why we started this without some big donors already committed. Or, have they backed off? A good start is really important, and we missed it.

Have we had a big donor since Allen Scott (bloody Mark Williams). I know we have the gentleman from China, is he still contributing financially or has that support stopped since COVID?
Maybe we could convince Hugh Jackman to be the next Russell Crowe and have him contribute financially. I know the NRL model is different to the AFL regarding ownership but it would be great to have a cashed up celebrity back our club. Maybe Port Adelaide could help promote his movie in some capacity, probably unlikely though.

The big donors are contributing to the $3mil redevelopment of the Port Club and building the museum. They can contribute to this fund as well but the first goal is September/October this year the second one is a 5 year goal.

The big donors are contributing to the $3mil redevelopment of the Port Club and building the museum. They can contribute to this fund as well but the first goal is September/October this year the second one is a 5 year goal.
Thanks. That makes sense. Still, I would have hold the announcement of the fund. We will need to relaunch it later on.

Thanks. That makes sense. Still, I would have hold the announcement of the fund. We will need to relaunch it later on.
Richo had to launch it sometime this season as it was part of his 5 year plan/strategy he announced at the AGM as the new CEO. I reckon it will crank up in the off season, especially if we make a GF or win the flag.

Covid has put a dampener on things.

The big contributors are donating between $50k and $250k for the redevelopment and had been in the planning phase for a long time and a lot longer than Covid adding $4mil to our debt. The plan at end of 2019 was to pay off $600k to $1.5mil a year off our debt over the next 5 years most funds to come from normal operations.

I couldn't find a thread for the Chasing Greatness Strategy itself, so I am putting this here.

I just wanted to provide an update on how we are tracking on the most essential KPI: winning 3 premierships in 5 years.
This was launched in February 2021 and includes premierships at any level.
For those that are not keeping count, here is how we are going:

League20212022202320242025
AFLXXTBDTBDTBD
AFLWN/AXTBDTBDTBD
SANFLXXTBDTBDTBD

So basically, we need to win 1/3 of premierships over the next 3 years to achieve "greatness".

For some intermediate KPI assessment, all 3 teams missed finals this year.

Greatness, where'd it go?

KeenBountifulHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

I couldn't find a thread for the Chasing Greatness Strategy itself, so I am putting this here.

I just wanted to provide an update on how we are tracking on the most essential KPI: winning 3 premierships in 5 years.

AFLXXTBDTBDTBD
AFLWN/AXTBDTBDTBD
SANFLXXTBDTBDTBD

So basically, we need to win 1/3 of premierships over the next 3 years to achieve "greatness".

Should be a piece of cake then 🍰

AFLXXTBDTBDTBD
AFLWN/AXTBDTBDTBD
SANFLXXTBDTBDTBD

Fair summary.

AFLW were never a real chance of a flag in their first year or two. Disappointing to not make finals but that would have been a surprise.
SANFL side could not be further from it, rule changes aside, that team hasn’t got a hope.
AFL really has to win the next three if we are a chance to fulfil that plan. Could you see us beating Geelong or Sydney this year or Melbourne or the Dogs the year before?

Hinkey, Coaches, strategy, Koch, fitness - all aside, our list hasn’t measured up. 2022 I think our list kinda does, albeit we will be young and without Robbie. Get fitness right and have some luck and that could be a flag. A fit AFLM team means more players for the SANFL and a likely better performance their too - it’s small wonder that afl sides often win it with the reserves winning also.

I got an email today, supposedly regarding a donation I'd made to this fund, with a receipt for tax purposes. Thing is I don't remember making a donation this financial year, only back when the Chasing Greatness thing was first launched. It all looks legit, ie no weird email/web addresses when I hover over links, but it's either a scam or a mistake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back