Strategy Chasing Greatness Fund

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was C4 a few months ago that posted that Port have significant financial backers, waiting in the wings, reluctant to invest in the club while the AFL owns us. It's a bit of a "catch 22". We need to be in a strong financial situation to buy back our ownership to be in a strong financial situation.
Could they establish a Trust Fund and buy our debt? Then, at least our creditors would want us to be away from AFL control. It could help forcing the league’s hand.

Probably not the ideal time to be asking members/supporters to fork out money on the back of what was just dished up. Another no show performance in the first and only really turned up for 1 quarter.

What are we paying for? Hinkley to sit out in the coaches box sipping diet coke and pissing away chances to win premierships and Kochy bragging about making him a 10 year coach as if thats something to be prud of rather than highlighting just how clueless he is?

Probably not the ideal time to be asking members/supporters to fork out money on the back of what was just dished up. Another no show performance in the first and only really turned up for 1 quarter.

What are we paying for? Hinkley to sit out in the coaches box sipping diet coke and pissing away chances to win premierships and Kochy bragging about making him a 10 year coach as if thats something to be prud of rather than highlighting just how clueless he is?
I love seeing Ken on the big screen, with the dazed, vacuous look of a lost puppy, knowing absolutely nought about what to do.
We're in good hands!

It's never a good time to be asking for money, but the reality is that our massive debt to the AFL weakens us as a club. Getting rid of this millstone gives us more power to stand up to the AFL (eg with prison bars). Eradicating debt has to be a priority and I for one am happy to send some money to the cause.
Unless our club actively fights for a better stadium deal, the only way to get rid of the debt is to bottom out again and force them to fold the club (won't happen) or give us a better deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asking fans to commit to debt demolition when our license is controlled buy the AFL and the AFL is screwing us on our guernsey, our time slots, our promotion on TV etc. makes it so much more difficult to want to donate.

If there was a set figure at which we would regain control of our license I couldn't open my wallet fast enough.

Right now I don't feel like there is any point when the conditions are set to stop us getting ahead.

All if will do is justify the AFL giving us less and we will end up right where we started.

Asking fans to commit to debt demolition when our license is controlled buy the AFL and the AFL is screwing us on our guernsey, our time slots, our promotion on TV etc. makes it so much more difficult to want to donate.

If there was a set figure at which we would regain control of our license I couldn't open my wallet fast enough.

Right now I don't feel like there is any point when the conditions are set to stop us getting ahead.

All if will do is justify the AFL giving us less and we will end up right where we started.

This.

The obsession with becoming a “net giver” while we continue to lose matchday revenues to the SANFL, and receive vastly inferior exposure and resultant monetisation opportunities to the likes of Collingwood and Carlton is noble, but silly.

I'm not in the mood to throw good money after bad.

We have to fix our reserves arrangement and stadium deals ontop of Hinkleys contract before they'll see more money from me above my membership.

Any money given at this stage may as well be money for the SANFL and the ******* corrupt AFL and old mate Ken.

Bang on.

Ultimately if the administration the AFL have appointed can't make 50,000 members and high relative attendance profitable, I guess the AFL can sack them and appoint new ones.

We're not going anywhere, the old threat that the club might be moved to Tassie is a furphy and we know it.

I love the idea of a prison bar pledge to be paid if and when we're given self determination in relation to our guernsey. That'd get this sorted quickly and it'd solve the guernsey problem as well. That I'd pledge a lot to and so would plenty of others.

If the club is so much in debt, why are they going ahead with starting a WAFL team???

That going to be nothing but a money pit.

If the club is so much in debt, why are they going ahead with starting a WAFL team???

That going to be nothing but a money pit.
Because we should be represented in the national women's competition. Young people should be able to aspire to play for their club, whatever their gender. There will be some goodwill associated with having a AFLW team and conversely it doesn't reflect well on us not having one. Additional funding from AFL/sponsors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back