Chasing the Flush and the Straight

Remove this Banner Ad

Former

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2001
Brisbane
OK we all know this is bad, but I just went all-in with a late pair of Aces and sweet FA on the table with all but two others folded, only to have those two people hit a flush on the river. $80 down.

I MEAN... COME ON!

Appleyard said:
OK we all know this is bad, but I just went all-in with a late pair of Aces and sweet FA on the table with all but two others folded, only to have those two people hit a flush on the river. $80 down.

I MEAN... COME ON!

It doesnt matter. You will eventually get their money.

Appleyard said:

I MEAN... COME ON!

If you're on the flush draw going to the river they are a 20% or 1 in 5 chance of hitting it.

If the two callers were getting better than 4/1 pot odds then they made the right call.

If not, then as skipper said, you will get their money in the long run.

So frustrating when that happens.

I take little solace from the fact that they are poor players and I made the right decision.

It is especially frustrating when you have been in the damn tournament for 4 or 5 hours and consequently exit with nothing.

Daytripper said:
If you're on the flush draw going to the river they are a 20% or 1 in 5 chance of hitting it.

If the two callers were getting better than 4/1 pot odds then they made the right call.

If not, then as skipper said, you will get their money in the long run.
There were four people at the table, one folded on the flop so they were getting little better than 2 for 1 odds. And they BOTH hit it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back