Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Seen it on other sites, some sort of chat box would be better during matches, instead of refreshing and moving up pages.

Seen it on other sites, some sort of chat box would be better during matches, instead of refreshing and moving up pages.
I used to think the same way as you. But chatboxes on gameday threads would be crazy. Posts would happen every milisecond and drive everyone nuts, no way to keep up, to read back on what's been posted. I hate chatboxes on games now. It's used often in international sports.

• Banned
I used to think the same way as you. But chatboxes on gameday threads would be crazy. Posts would happen every milisecond and drive everyone nuts, no way to keep up, to read back on what's been posted. I hate chatboxes on games now. It's used often in international sports.

There's a 30 second timer on posts, just put a 5 - 10 second timer on chatbox posts

There's a 30 second timer on posts, just put a 5 - 10 second timer on chatbox posts
Yeah, but chatboxes just fill up crazily. Dozens of people posting every second (outside of that 10 second time). And the chatbox itself is usually small, not a whole webpage long like a forum page. So posts just fly by. People can't quote/respond to people's posts in chatboxes.....and.....people move on from messages posted that are even 10 seconds old. Also, it's A.D.D. heaven. Would drive people nuts. Lastly, this is what you'd get in a chatbox....

OMG
haha
geez what a mark
OMG
lol
that sucks
wow
BAAAAALLLL
stupid umps
OMG

etc

So, it's not riveting reading, and there's nothing to go back on after a match and read interesting comments, respond to interesting debates, etc. Just people posting max 5 word exclamations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back