News ChatGPT and the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

number23

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has anyone tried using the AI assistant ChatGPT to check it's knowledge of AFL? Basically it's an AI agent that can answer your questions via text (Google it for more info). Anyhow I wanted to see what it knew about AFL and it seems a bit but not a lot ! Check out the questions that I asked and the answers that I got:

Q: who is the quickest player to have played afl in the last 50 years

A: There have been many players known for their speed in the last 50 years of AFL, but one player who is often considered one of the quickest is Andrew ‘Buddy’ Franklin. He is known for his exceptional pace, agility and endurance on the field, which allows him to outrun his opponents and make dynamic plays.

Another player known for his speed is Michael ‘Mick’ Moncrieff, he was a player for Richmond in the 1970s and is considered one of the fastest players in the history of the game, he was also known as the "human bullet"
It's worth to note that, again, this is a subjective question and opinions may vary, these players were chosen based on their reputation, impact on the game during their respective careers and also on their statistics.

Q: what hawthorn players have won the norm smith medal and in what years?

A:
The Hawthorn Football Club has had four players win the Norm Smith Medal for the best player in the AFL Grand Final. They are:
  • Andrew McLeod (1997)
  • Luke Hodge (2008)
  • Sam Mitchell (2012)
  • Grant Birchall (2014)
It's clearly a real hoot! "The Human Bullet" 🤣🤣

Has anyone tried using the AI assistant ChatGPT to check it's knowledge of AFL? Basically it's an AI agent that can answer your questions via text (Google it for more info). Anyhow I wanted to see what it knew about AFL and it seems a bit but not a lot ! Check out the questions that I asked and the answers that I got:

Q: who is the quickest player to have played afl in the last 50 years

A: There have been many players known for their speed in the last 50 years of AFL, but one player who is often considered one of the quickest is Andrew ‘Buddy’ Franklin. He is known for his exceptional pace, agility and endurance on the field, which allows him to outrun his opponents and make dynamic plays.

Another player known for his speed is Michael ‘Mick’ Moncrieff, he was a player for Richmond in the 1970s and is considered one of the fastest players in the history of the game, he was also known as the "human bullet"
It's worth to note that, again, this is a subjective question and opinions may vary, these players were chosen based on their reputation, impact on the game during their respective careers and also on their statistics.

Q: what hawthorn players have won the norm smith medal and in what years?

A:
The Hawthorn Football Club has had four players win the Norm Smith Medal for the best player in the AFL Grand Final. They are:
  • Andrew McLeod (1997)
  • Luke Hodge (2008)
  • Sam Mitchell (2012)
  • Grant Birchall (2014)
It's clearly a real hoot! "The Human Bullet" 🤣🤣

Clearly the AI's name is Andrew.

Who is the quickest AFL player on record and what speed did they run?

The quickest AFL player on record is Chris Judd, who ran a time of 16.8 seconds over the 20-metre sprint at the 2006 AFL Combine.
Tell ChatGPT that... Wait.. it could be scanning that now.. maybe I'll ask it in a couple of days..

Who is the quickest AFL player on record and what speed did they run?

The quickest AFL player on record is Chris Judd, who ran a time of 16.8 seconds over the 20-metre sprint at the 2006 AFL Combine.
Such blistering pace!

Turtle Sneaking Out GIF by CuriosityStream

Remove this Banner Ad

Back