Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not be moving anytime soon. He’s barely solidified his position in defence. Let him build for the rest of this year, and see how he plays beginning of next year

Agreed, I think he's actually building quite nicely in defence. He's always hard at the contest and gives 110%. He's one of our few players that keeps his feet more often than not too. The attacking side of his game has been steadily building also.

People always harping on about he was drafted as a midfielder and so needs to go back there. I think a defender who can both defend AND attack are super handy and very hard to find. Look at the career Brad Shepherd forged for himself. Looked a deadset midfield flop for the first 3-4 years of his career, and finished as one of the best 2-way defenders in the league.

Let him continue building down back. The only time I'd be shifting him to the midfield is when we have a game like the GWS one just gone. It's the 4th quarter, the game is unwinnable. We're a young side still. Throw the magnets around and see what people can do (ie Jones in the middle for one quarter).
I think we hold off midfield talk for another year.

Let him settle in defence, it was only a few weeks ago he was still looking shaky and ready for an SANFL spell. Going back to the midfield and failing could destroy him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was impressive today. One of the few who put in the work. I can understand why people would be hesitant to add him back into the midfield mix but god damn do we need a player with his skill set rolling through there. Maybe we just bite the bullet, we likely know now he can carve out a good career at half back, time to strap on the floaties and throw him back in the deep end.

Was impressive today. One of the few who put in the work. I can understand why people would be hesitant to add him back into the midfield mix but god damn do we need a player with his skill set rolling through there. Maybe we just bite the bullet, we likely know now he can carve out a good career at half back, time to strap on the floaties and throw him back in the deep end.
The guy looks like he walks a thin line confidence wise. Imo he needs a while playing well where he is to build self belief. Mess with that now and I can see him regressing again.

probably not....but we have players on our list tracking far worse than jones at the moment....very little to look forward to each week besides a 32 year old tex walker...
Sad isn't it. Let's be honest it's never as bad as it seems, but it does seem pretty dam bad right now.

If he wasn't a first round pick i wonder if we would've persisted with him as long as we have.

We would have. After all, you don't throw away a lad who is quick, tough and skilled lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This boy is a midfielder and the sooner both he and the coaches stop fluffing around the better off they all will be.
Who's that? Jones. Mmmm. Not sure on that one. Probably a wing but we have about 6 potential wings. Could be a trade.

This boy is a midfielder and the sooner both he and the coaches stop fluffing around the better off they all will be.
Hard nut too.

Who's that? Jones. Mmmm. Not sure on that one. Probably a wing but we have about 6 potential wings. Could be a trade.
Tasmania aren't in the AFL yet. No other club is interested, we're stuck with waiting for Jones to blossom into something, anything! Maybe this week it happens?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back