Player Watch Chayce Jones - Re-Signed to End of 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely anybody listing New York as their ideal place to live has never actually been there.

Filthy, noisy, impossible to get anywhere either by car or public transport, miserably cold in winter and still rainy in the summer.

Admittedly if you can get away from the main cities it's pretty enough. Still full of New Yorkers though.

Surely anybody listing New York as their ideal place to live has never actually been there.

Filthy, noisy, impossible to get anywhere either by car or public transport, miserably cold in winter and still rainy in the summer.

Admittedly if you can get away from the main cities it's pretty enough. Still full of New Yorkers though.
I spent 7 years living in NYC and loved it.

NYC is amazing!! Sister lives there full time and I visit any chance I can get (dam you Covid)!

Also, I does anyone feel that Chayce is putting on lip service for what he feels the coaches want to hear? Or does he genuinely like living in Adelaide?
Re Chayce, why not both?

NYC is amazing!! Sister lives there full time and I visit any chance I can get (dam you Covid)!

Also, I does anyone feel that Chayce is putting on lip service for what he feels the coaches want to hear? Or does he genuinely like living in Adelaide?
If you come from rural Tassie, Adelaide probably feels like NYC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chayce looked good down back in 2021 after struggling to find the ball in the middle or as a high half forward both at AFL and SANFL level previously.

Is this a temporary residence and just part of his development/football education? Like Goodwin, Ricciuto, Edwards, Johnson, Laird... will he graduate to the midfield in time?

Or is he best suited to playing behind the ball short and long term? Like Smith, Milera, Johncock... and others talked about as possible midfielders at one point of their careers.

I'll go the Laird route.

He will excel in the backline and it'll appear his final destination. Plays some amazing football down there.

Then in 5+ years time, we have a few injuries, we have that "break in case of emergency" situation, so we move him into the midfield and it's only then does it click.

I think it depends on other players.

If we unearth a few midfield guns from the current group or even trade one in next year, then, if Chayce is doing well in the backline, just leave him there.

I think once his confidence is right he will have the ability to play in the middle. I just don't know if he'll have to.

I think he ends up our Christian Salem

It would be a matter of see how he goes. Keep him down back for at least the next two years, see how he goes with a run in the midfield then, if not just keep him down there. Think he's a reasonable HF as well. Just focus on the one role for the time being.

Before his confidence was shot to pieces, he really had some moments/clearances in the middle that made you sit up and go "wow". He seems at home down back now, but if he follows the Laird trajectory I don't think many will complain. It really depends how Hamill/McPherson develop as well.

Chayce looked good down back in 2021 after struggling to find the ball in the middle or as a high half forward both at AFL and SANFL level previously.

Is this a temporary residence and just part of his development/football education? Like Goodwin, Ricciuto, Edwards, Johnson, Laird... will he graduate to the midfield in time?

Or is he best suited to playing behind the ball short and long term? Like Smith, Milera, Johncock... and others talked about as possible midfielders at one point of their careers.

Temporary residence .....build confidence & game continuity, then into the midfield

Still has the strength & speed to be one helluva Mid .....still just 21 YO

Untitled-1.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back