Cheap bench cover options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what Max Gawns JS is like? Is he clearly ahead of Spencer and Jamar? 90 points in his first game on the weekend and a handy Ruck/Forward at approx 330K..

Would be a risk but thinking TBC>Gawn especially if TBC gets dropped.. Any Melbourne supporters thoughts on Gawn's outlook?
Roos looks to have dispensed with Jamar. I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire at years end. Gawn's massive issue has always been his work, or lack of, around the ground. He's very up and down and has good weeks and bad weeks. TBH the Ruck Division is our biggest problem at the moment IMO. I get the feeling Roos is giving all our Rucks a chance to prove themselves before he moves on one of them at years end and chases a big fish. For that reason, and that reason alone, JS for any of our Rucks is speculative.

While TBC might be an out and out spud, he'll play every week barring injury or suspension. Is Ruck cover really that important for you? Personally I'd downgrade TBC to a rookie and take the cash. If a big man goes down, a sideways trade may make more sense than holding TBC and using his 60 points for cover, or wasting a trade bringing in a speculative ruck sitting 300k on your bench for 300k.

Roos looks to have dispensed with Jamar. I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire at years end. Gawn's massive issue has always been his work, or lack of, around the ground. He's very up and down and has good weeks and bad weeks. TBH the Ruck Division is our biggest problem at the moment IMO. I get the feeling Roos is giving all our Rucks a chance to prove themselves before he moves on one of them at years end and chases a big fish. For that reason, and that reason alone, JS for any of our Rucks is speculative.

While TBC might be an out and out spud, he'll play every week barring injury or suspension.
Nice write up.. I disagree on your last point tho TBC a big chance to get dropped this week IMO.. If Giles is fit I can see him being named

Nice write up.. I disagree on your last point tho TBC a big chance to get dropped this week IMO.. If Giles is fit I can see him being named
Do you think Essendon will drop him, or play TBC forward and use him as a relief/backup ruckman. More likely the latter I would have thought. Not many teams play only one ruck if they've got the option.

Do you think Essendon will drop him, or play TBC forward and use him as a relief/backup ruckman. More likely the latter I would have thought. Not many teams play only one ruck if they've got the option.
They have enough talls already with Daniher Carlisle Hooker Hurley. If I was James Hird (glad I'm not!) I would play Giles as a ruck resting forward. Daniher plays 5-10 mins a quarter in ruck.. Giles showed a lot more as a forward also then what TBC has.. A Giles TBC ruck combination gives them one short runner which they have lacked and would have to commit to subbing one out anyway.. Doesn't matter if both of them are playing NN is going to monster them in the centre square anyway.. Need that extra runner on subi..

Also forgot Ambrose as a tall forward.. Looks like they played Carlisle as relief ruckman last week and subbed bellchambers out.. If they sub him out with no genuine ruck last week I can't see the point in bringing in another ruck.. It's TBC or Giles IMO

They have enough talls already with Daniher Carlisle Hooker Hurley. If I was James Hird (glad I'm not!) I would play Giles as a ruck resting forward. Daniher plays 5-10 mins a quarter in ruck.. Giles showed a lot more as a forward also then what TBC has.. A Giles TBC ruck combination gives them one short runner which they have lacked and would have to commit to subbing one out anyway.. Doesn't matter if both of them are playing NN is going to monster them in the centre square anyway.. Need that extra runner on subi..

TBC is almost a disadvantage to them at the moment.

Like dmac_55 said, Giles playing as a solo ruck with a bit of relief is better than running with both Giles and TBC. TBC would literally be there just to provide a break for Giles, he cant do anything else.

Also forgot Ambrose as a tall forward.. Looks like they played Carlisle as relief ruckman last week and subbed bellchambers out.. If they sub him out with no genuine ruck last week I can't see the point in bringing in another ruck.. It's TBC or Giles IMO

Has to be Giles, TBC cant hold down a number 1 ruck spot.

TBC couldn't even get the wood on a depleted Geelong ruck combo.

He got outdone by a steeple chaser and a fourth string tall forward.

the one I'm looking at closely is the pav at around 340-350k great F7 cover.

allready have my D7 cover done (savage) and my M9 cover (wallis) and rucks is just isn't any value

Has to be Giles, TBC cant hold down a number 1 ruck spot.

TBC couldn't even get the wood on a depleted Geelong ruck combo.

He got outdone by a steeple chaser and a fourth string tall forward.
Tbh Giles wasn't doing that well in the VFL until recently, Mckernan has been the standout although he can't be upgraded until after Essendon's r12 bye because we don't have anyone on the long term injury list.

TBC is almost a disadvantage to them at the moment.

Like dmac_55 said, Giles playing as a solo ruck with a bit of relief is better than running with both Giles and TBC. TBC would literally be there just to provide a break for Giles, he cant do anything else.
TBC isn't their biggest disadvantage IMO. Second, maybe.

the one I'm looking at closely is the pav at around 340-350k great F7 cover.

allready have my D7 cover done (savage) and my M9 cover (wallis) and rucks is just isn't any value

Pavs issue is likely to be rested just when you need him

Last edited:
Pavs issue is likely to be rested just when you need him

He started like a man on a mission but has gone cold recently, so would be due for a rest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know what Max Gawns JS is like? Is he clearly ahead of Spencer and Jamar? 90 points in his first game on the weekend and a handy Ruck/Forward at approx 330K..

Would be a risk but thinking TBC>Gawn especially if TBC gets dropped.. Any Melbourne supporters thoughts on Gawn's outlook?

You'd be better off taking a punt on Kreuzer at the same price point. At least he has some history of premo scoring between injuries.

Ben Reid has just started playing some VFL.

Two big ifs but if he can come back and if he can stay fit he is a good option at 217k.
I had him at F4 in preseason and like Maynard and Freeman at D7/M9, so many Collingwood options that haven't been used yet

Brodie Smith has a BE of 118 or something and is 339k, if he gets a 70-80 in round 12 he'll be around 315-325k for round 13.

With Jaensch down, Sloane back now and Douglas/Crouch coming back soon, would he be used behind the ball again which would help his scoring?

Brodie Smith has a BE of 118 or something and is 339k, if he gets a 70-80 in round 12 he'll be around 315-325k for round 13.

With Jaensch down, Sloane back now and Douglas/Crouch coming back soon, would he be used behind the ball again which would help his scoring?

Yep, perfect sideways trade price wise, rookie > premo. If only Judd_Magic would listen to my trade advice. :rainbow:

Yep, perfect sideways trade price wise, rookie > premo. If only Judd_Magic would listen to my trade advice. :rainbow:
I reckon Smith would be perfect rotating with Newnes for those who have him at D6/7, seems like Newnes scores better when Weller is in the team and he doesn't have to tag.

I reckon Smith would be perfect rotating with Newnes for those who have him at D6/7, seems like Newnes scores better when Weller is in the team and he doesn't have to tag.
I may move saad to smith next week.. He had 20 touches on the weekend just poor disposal efficiency.. This would then give me 3 crow defenders in laird smith and lever

Something that Im doing in RDT, but I'm getting in Mumford for Bellend this week, a deciding factor of getting in Mummy is because I have Downie on the pine who I started with and he's been a GWS emergency about 5 times already.

If Mummy is out with the general one of these weeks, then hopefully Downie would replace him that week, not really SC relevant because of the ruck loophole option but just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back