Cheap bench cover options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may move saad to smith next week.. He had 20 touches on the weekend just poor disposal efficiency.. This would then give me 3 crow defenders in laird smith and lever
Lever isn't a long term option anyway just a cash cow, or is he?

Laird is a gun, got him 3 weeks ago thinking he was a breakout contender then he gets KOd halfway through the third quarter against GWS on track for a decent score, at least he's backed it up the last two weeks with 130s while my team has gone to s**t.

If you take out his scores against the Dogs and GWS where he got injured halfway thru the third in both games he'd be averaging 102.7 instead of 95.5

Is Bellchambers' JS still solid even though he's a little bit terrible at playing football?

Want him in to cover ruck and forward post round 12.

Where is JM ranked anyway?

He's 3,895 ATM. I guarantee he won't be finishing in the top 10k this year if he goes ahead blowing 2 trades bringing in s**t rookies this week just to raise extra cash that he really doesn't need to complete his team. All just so he can field close to 18 in Rd12. Like those rookies are going to make much difference. It's a marathon & not a sprint.

He's 3,895 ATM. I guarantee he won't be finishing in the top 10k this year if he goes ahead blowing 2 trades bringing in s**t rookies this week just to raise extra cash that he really doesn't need to complete his team. All just so he can field close to 18 in Rd12. Like those rookies are going to make much difference. It's a marathon & not a sprint.
I seen his plan with his maxed out rookies, just critiqued it, can't believe he's thinking of getting rid of Wallis, Wallis is a M9 keeper imo.

The only rookie I'm bringing in is Pearce this week if he's named. My season has gone to s**t since CEY and Simpson went out for two weeks and then the injuries/poor performances came Rockliff, Griffen, Swallow first, Glenn not playing, Krak and Tarrant going to s**t, now I copped Vandenberg, CEY, Newnes, Bellend :$ and a donut up forward this week. Was like 6,600 and 16 points behind GOAUS 4-5 weeks ago now I've fallen to 22,900 lol, Rory Laird has been my only decent trade in over that time.

Just because I've suggested trades doesn't mean I am going to do them. LOL!

I am just spit balling ideas around here like I always do to see what people say about them good or bad. ;)

I seen his plan with his maxed out rookies, just critiqued it, can't believe he's thinking of getting rid of Wallis, Wallis is a M9 keeper imo.

The only rookie I'm bringing in is Pearce this week if he's named. My season has gone to s**t since CEY and Simpson went out for two weeks and then the injuries/poor performances came Rockliff, Griffen, Swallow first, Glenn not playing, Krak and Tarrant going to s**t, now I copped Vandenberg, CEY, Newnes, Bellend and a donut up forward this week. Was like 6,600 and 16 points behind GOAUS 4-5 weeks ago now I've fallen to 22,900 lol, Rory Laird has been my only decent trade in over that time.

Was thinking about upgrading Wallis towards the end, probably wont though.

To be honest I really have no idea what trades I'll do till teams come out tonight.

Roos looks to have dispensed with Jamar. I'd be surprised if he doesn't retire at years end. Gawn's massive issue has always been his work, or lack of, around the ground. He's very up and down and has good weeks and bad weeks. TBH the Ruck Division is our biggest problem at the moment IMO. I get the feeling Roos is giving all our Rucks a chance to prove themselves before he moves on one of them at years end and chases a big fish. For that reason, and that reason alone, JS for any of our Rucks is speculative.

While TBC might be an out and out spud, he'll play every week barring injury or suspension. Is Ruck cover really that important for you? Personally I'd downgrade TBC to a rookie and take the cash. If a big man goes down, a sideways trade may make more sense than holding TBC and using his 60 points for cover, or wasting a trade bringing in a speculative ruck sitting 300k on your bench for 300k.
Max Gawn has averaged 140+ in the last two seasons in the VFL. Get on him now!

I may move saad to smith next week.. He had 20 touches on the weekend just poor disposal efficiency.. This would then give me 3 crow defenders in laird smith and lever

Cull a mid rookie to Brodie and swing Saad to the mids

Last edited:
Already have Mckenzie in mids.. Wouldn't be smart with 2 round 12 bye mid defenders with pendles fyfe Parker etc. on bye.. Who looks to be the better keeper saad or Oxley?

Saad imo due to his dpp and more regular scoring

however if you are after loophole options then Ox has a tendancy to produce the odd "high" game

but that will largely depend on if you can loophole and who that loophole is and how many times he plays before Ox and your other loophole options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Bellchambers' JS still solid even though he's a little bit terrible at playing football?

Want him in to cover ruck and forward post round 12.

No it's extremely shaky. He cant play through pain AT ALL and Hird is getting sick of it. Is McKernon available? Wouldnt be surprised to see him in the next few weeks. TBC is giving them nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back