Cheap Games

Remove this Banner Ad

I picked up Dragon Age Origins for $5 at JB the other day and glad now I didn't pay more, I liked the sound of it but whoever decided that a squad based RPG should be locked into an over the shoulder 3rd person view (on PS3) is an idiot.
Bit ironic calling them idiots, maybe you should've done your research.

Dragon Age: Origins on the PC is one of the best games ever.

For a fiver I'm happy to stick with trial by error :rolleyes:

Heard good things about it on the PC and you can see it's a good game, hell its still a good game on the ps3 but a bad conversion hurts it.

I picked up Dragon Age Origins for $5 at JB the other day and glad now I didn't pay more, I liked the sound of it but whoever decided that a squad based RPG should be locked into an over the shoulder 3rd person view (on PS3) is an idiot.

Didn't mind Origins. Really enjoyed it, actually. DA2 was awful though.

I need a new solid RPG to sink my teeth into. I've been meaning to go back and finish Skyrim, but lack the interest. Might just import Luigi's Mansion 2 and be done with it. :p

Sony did say that they were aiming for the PS3 to be a 10 year console.

How long it lasts after it hits 10 is another matter.
It'll probably get loads of Japanese support for ages, as well as receive Fifa for god knows how long. I think Fifa is still being released on ps2 lol.

Really? o_O First person I've heard say that. I think it's a brilliant game and the four person system had me hooked to the point where I hated it when I was split up from them (what was up with that stupid arse "fade" section?)

Didn't mind Origins. Really enjoyed it, actually. DA2 was awful though.

I need a new solid RPG to sink my teeth into. I've been meaning to go back and finish Skyrim, but lack the interest. Might just import Luigi's Mansion 2 and be done with it. :p

DA Origins was very good, although it's pretty true the console versions suffered (especially Xbox) performance-wise/UI issues.

If you want a good RPG to sink HEAPS of hours into I highly recommend Dragon's Dogma; it's absolutely excellent. Best RPG I've played in the last few years (and that includes Skyrim).

If you're a glutton for punishment then Demon's Souls or Dark Souls are both phenomenal RPGs.

Maybe also Kingdoms of Amalur, although I didn't finish it there is a huge amount of people that rate it very highly, and although I got a bit bored of it it was still good for the 50 hours or so I sunk into it.

If you have a decent PC then the Witcher 2 is one of the best RPGs you could ever hope to play, and it's even on Xbox if you can't be arsed on PC.

Which all reminds me I still need to finish Skyrim ffs... have 158 hours clocked on it and still am halfway through the main quest line.

Unreal Deal 75% off on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/683/

Includes:
Unreal Gold
Unreal 2: Awakening
Unreal Tournament: GotY Edition
Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition
Unreal Tournament 3 Black

All for $10.

Absolute ripping deal, this. Unreal Tournament games are some of the funnest multiplayer FPS experiences you'll ever play. The Unreal Games also provide two very good singleplayer campaigns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister was at Dick Smiths and got a few bargains on the ps3 this afternoon

Battlefeild 3 $20, Medal of honor 3 $20, Wwe 12 $15, Doom 3 $20, Elder scrolls skyrim $20, need for speed the run $15, Uncharted 3 drake deception $10 and a few other games for under $20

sales guy told her these prices are australian wide

I was looking for Fallout New Vegas for below $30 everywhere recently and got it from EB. JB had it for $44. JB frustrate me a bit because they always have the same lot of 30 or 40 games on special. All depends what you're looking for.

Dude, I been looking for it too, was surprised to see jB had it at that price. I found it on MightyApe for $12... they haven't let me down price-wise yet.

Company of Heroes Anthology for 20 bucks, includes main game plus two expansions. Good practise before CoH 2 comes out. But i recommend buying it over Steam as it was an absolute pain to get the collection working cohesively by disc

My mate moved out not long ago and took his ps3 along with him. Any recommendations on where I can pick one up cheaply?
Couple of cheap console bundles coming up for those looking

XB360 250GB with 5 games (Batman AC, Darksiders 2, Rage, BF3 and Fifa 12) for $269

PS3 500Gb with 2 controllers and 3 agmes (BF3, Fifa 12 and Uncharted 2) $359

Remove this Banner Ad

Back