cheating stuffs up games in local footy.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
That was the faulty siren that caused that draw..... That happens at local level as well. If anything you probably think that the scoreboard that caught on fire a few years ago was deliberately lit.... :rolleyes:
That's not cheating. That's just the time keeper being slack. That happens a lot in local league footy. We have had time keepers fall asleep whilst in the box. It's funny sometimes because they get the old farts in the box.
What's cheating is your team laying down and allowing the other team to win.....
You were probably pissed off at how many free kicks your team was giving away in the GF that you went to. Fair enough. However, if you were out there umpiring in a GF, it would be a totally different story.

Yeah I know, technically the game can't end until the field umpire has heard the final siren. But that's not what I meant. The part I was referring to was when he paid a free kick to St Kilda for "incorrect disposal" even when it was their own player who chucked it, and when they played advantage and Baker (was it?) missed they called it back and made him take the kick, which he missed. This all happened about a minute after the siren had gone.

Bob_vic

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria, Aust
Yeah I know, technically the game can't end until the field umpire has heard the final siren. But that's not what I meant. The part I was referring to was when he paid a free kick to St Kilda for "incorrect disposal" even when it was their own player who chucked it, and when they played advantage and Baker (was it?) missed they called it back and made him take the kick, which he missed. This all happened about a minute after the siren had gone.

17.3.2 Recalling the Football
(a) Where the field Umpire has allowed play to continue instead of
awarding a Free Kick to a Player, but having done so, it becomes
apparent to the field Umpire that allowing play to continue did
not provide an advantage to the Player’s Team, the field Umpire
shall stop play and award the Free Kick to the Player where the
infringement occurred.
(b) This provision shall apply should the siren sound after an Umpire
has called advantage, but prior to the Player disposing of the
football.

GameOver

All Australian
Sep 15, 2008
Tarneit
AFL Club
Collingwood
last saturday i went to watch north heidlberg play thomastown in the last round of the season, shane harvey needed 10 to get his 100th for the year. north were far to good and it seemed that it was a matter of time before harvey got the hundred. needing 2 at 3qtr time it was 100% going to happen n was gonna be a great day for the club... then i seen a man walk over to the umpires and the umpire said hi and said if he gets touched he is getting a kick. make what you want out of that, i would like to know if it happens more??

So the umpire said "hi" to someone. Quick, call the cops. Care to list the rest of the conversation?? How about what the other person said?? No, all you heard was "Hi, if he gets touched he is getting a kick". Not a case of hearing what you want to hear by any chance??

Jun 28, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
THFC, MVFC
An ump in this years BFL final Drysdale vs Geelong Amatuers was a cheating ****.

Without a doubt he didn't want Ammos to win and his decisions made throughout the game were blantantly biased.

Yes yes interesting, I'll just type that up on my invisible typewriter......... Unless you absolutely can prove it, you are getting into something I think you don't want to get into.

Whacker

Club Legend
Apr 22, 2007
Cant say
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Avalanche,Celtics,Packers,NUFC
I do know of clubs who have pathetic competitions with the scoreboard trying to get the spectators to pick the scores at the end. It's usually rigged because it means that us goal umpires who hold the official scores have to spend time getting the right scores up all because the scoreboard attendants keep on ****ing up the scores and not keeping up with the game.
Annoying because we can't go and wave off whatever they have put up.
So basically you get annoyed you have to do your job?

AndSmithMustScore

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Celtic Utopia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Boston ones.
Yes yes interesting, I'll just type that up on my invisible typewriter......... Unless you absolutely can prove it, you are getting into something I think you don't want to get into.

Well apart from the blatant wrong decision to send off one of Ammo's best players for something that wasn't there.

He was called a cheating **** to his face during the game so I feel quite safe in my divulging of the story.

Especially when the same ump during the H&A season was up to the same s**t when he umpired Ammos in another game.

dymmot

Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 23, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Well apart from the blatant wrong decision to send off one of Ammo's best players for something that wasn't there.

He was called a cheating **** to his face during the game so I feel quite safe in my divulging of the story.

Especially when the same ump during the H&A season was up to the same s**t when he umpired Ammos in another game.

Did the guy get red carded for his abuse? Not on in my opinion. Go through the correct channels if you want to make a complaint. Abusing the umpire on field just gets you in more strife and makes you look like an even bigger tool.

AndSmithMustScore

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Celtic Utopia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Boston ones.
Did the guy get red carded for his abuse? Not on in my opinion. Go through the correct channels if you want to make a complaint. Abusing the umpire on field just gets you in more strife and makes you look like an even bigger tool.

No it wasnt for abuse.

It was a seperate incident.

The player who called him a cheating **** didnt even get a card, me thinks the umpire was hit with a guilt trip.

Independant umpires don't cheat.

Local club appointed blokes absolutley do. Usually nothing too major but they still cheat. People on here defending them are narrow minded to the fact it still goes on due to human nature. Until there is a plethora of paid State appointed umpires it's always going to happen.

Seen it first hand many times been on the receiving end and also been in teams where our bloke has looked after us.

Slowly it is disappearing but at grass roots it's still there.

Jun 28, 2006
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
THFC, MVFC
Independant umpires don't cheat.

Local club appointed blokes absolutley do. Usually nothing too major but they still cheat. People on here defending them are narrow minded to the fact it still goes on due to human nature. Until there is a plethora of paid State appointed umpires it's always going to happen.

Seen it first hand many times been on the receiving end and also been in teams where our bloke has looked after us.

Slowly it is disappearing but at grass roots it's still there.

and with the dwindling amounts of umpires around the country, it WILL get worse.

Carltalian

Debutant
Suspended
Dec 26, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
There is a nasty, cheating little goal umpire up in the Ballarat districts.

Not sure if it's a boy or girl, but continually gets decisions wrong, never makes it to the flight of the ball and when called out gets on the grandest high horse I have ever witnessed.

I have made several complaints and if it continues to umpire this season it must certainly get fired.

dylza

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2008
Glenelg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
There is a nasty, cheating little goal umpire up in the Ballarat districts.

Not sure if it's a boy or girl, but continually gets decisions wrong, never makes it to the flight of the ball and when called out gets on the grandest high horse I have ever witnessed.

I have made several complaints and if it continues to umpire this season it must certainly get fired.

Suzi Olsen

ZINADOLL

Draftee
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Sep 1, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Did you even read what he said?

I reckon cheating does happen but it emi calculator gst login ifsc code is few and far between and at the very low end of the barrel.
needing 2 at 3qtr time it was 100% going to happen n was gonna be a great day for the club... then i seen a man walk over to the umpires and the umpire said hi and said if he gets touched he is getting a kick. make what you want out of that, i would like to know if it happens more??

Last edited:
Back