Check Out My Stuff!!!

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone got a good website or YouTube channel for guitar lessons? Wouldn’t mind learning some music theory during this time, know the major, pentatonic and blues pentatonic and that’s about it, circle of fifths and modes seem worth learning about.

DapperJong

Hall of Famer
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Hey dudes

I made this (mostly) lofi hip hop album. Made entirely with pocket operators, which are tiny music devices. Smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school. You can download it for a buck or stream it for free. Enjoy!

radiojake

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
And thanks man, second person who has said that! Definitely closer to early Avalanches. Nowhere near as refined as SILU.
saw them perform that album live with a full band - maybe 15 or so on stage? and all samples being played live

it was one of the best gigs I've been to

Last edited:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey dudes

I made this (mostly) lofi hip hop album. Made entirely with pocket operators, which are tiny music devices. Smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school. You can download it for a buck or stream it for free. Enjoy!

Dude, my ears just wanted to say that they are enjoying this immensely. Well done :thumbsu:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone got a good website or YouTube channel for guitar lessons? Wouldn’t mind learning some music theory during this time, know the major, pentatonic and blues pentatonic and that’s about it, circle of fifths and modes seem worth learning about.
For theory ~

DFWGrapher

Debutant
Mar 13, 2021
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cleveland in every sport
I was hoping I'd see a thread like this when I saw there was a music forum!

First, if you're on Spotify look up the band Death Before Breakfast. I play drums on the Destroy Everything album. We were sort of an Americana-punk band. Started out as acoustic folk punk and then went electric.

Second after I got booted from DBB, I joined my current band, The Nothing. We're kind of an alternative garage punk band. I'm on lead guitar and backing vocals and can be seen/heard in this video:

And third, I sometimes write a little on my own as well. I enjoy satire/parody (I wrote a song composed almost solely of Donald Trump quotes called "Negative Press Covfefe," and another that was a parody of Simon & Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence called "Account Now Silenced" after Trump was banned from Twitter), but once in a while I write something serious, like this song about my family's copper mining history:

Remove this Banner Ad