MC Bad Genius

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Thought I'd reply to a few of these so there's hopefully a bit of actual discussion about them.
My band released this single last week, recorded in home studios and files shared to make possible during lockdowns.

This is totally outside of my wheelhouse, so I can't really say whether it's good or bad, as it's just not my thing. But it sounds profesh and I reckon there's a good deal of people out there that would love it. What do you play in the band?
This is an old recording from my former band. I played lead guitar and bass.

I felt really nostalgic listening to this song. The verses had a real 60s British invasion vibe and the chorus was more of a dreamy 80s alternative feel. But it fits in well with now bands like Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever etc. No offence, but I liked this one a lot more than the second one you posted.
Well, despite Covid ******* this industry big time I decided to pull the trigger and release my upcoming album on vinyl.

As a fully independent muso, it was a hard decision to make, but I'm so proud of this album and after hearing the test pressings, I'm so glad I made the call.

It's a mix of folk, rock and blues - my own little sound cocktail.

Of the three songs on bandcamp that are available to stream, my favourite was definitely Lonelier Than You. Has a really cool swagger to it. Out of interest, where did you get the vinyl made?

Dhoni Dakurri

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought I'd reply to a few of these so there's hopefully a bit of actual discussion about them.

This is totally outside of my wheelhouse, so I can't really say whether it's good or bad, as it's just not my thing. But it sounds profesh and I reckon there's a good deal of people out there that would love it. What do you play in the band?

I felt really nostalgic listening to this song. The verses had a real 60s British invasion vibe and the chorus was more of a dreamy 80s alternative feel. But it fits in well with now bands like Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever etc. No offence, but I liked this one a lot more than the second one you posted.

Of the three songs on bandcamp that are available to stream, my favourite was definitely Lonelier Than You. Has a really cool swagger to it. Out of interest, where did you get the vinyl made?
Thanks for listening mate! We recorded that song about 9 years ago. We were all big fans of oasis, the verve, stones, stone roses.

Dhoni Dakurri

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Well that makes a lot of sense. What happened to the band?
Different responsibilities and folks relocating. We all got along super well. Great guys.

I thought the lead singer was a great songwriter and frontman. Here’s some more songs and out triple j unearthed page…you’re interested. We changed name late in the piece of when we got a new bassist.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Thanks mate! Pressing with Zennith in Melbourne.

radiojake

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Our new album current getting pressed through Implant Media but pretty sure they send it off overseas

Does Zenith actually press in Australia or do they send them off too?

Matthew Jelley

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades

Thanks for listening!
I'm the vocalist and one of the guitarists

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
A bit of cringe but a lot of fun. My mate decided he wanted to do a little one-off project tribute song to Mr 'Democracy Manifest' himself.

So we put together this song & video. A catchy little thrash/death metal number.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad