Check Out My Stuff!!!

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Firstly, these are just real rough versions of stuff I've written. I've actually slightly changed lyrics/parts of the songs since but just felt like I should throw them up here and get a little feedback. They were all recorded at home on my IPad with GarageBand. I am a terrible guitarist and an ok singer but still just enjoy writing stuff. The plan is just tighten my songwriting up and record them in better quality but any kind of constructive criticism is helpful.

Indie/Rock/pop/singer songwriter stuff in the vein of Frightened Rabbit/Paul Dempsey/Bon iver/city and colour/Ryan Adams etc.

https://soundcloud.com/reign_dear

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
not bad at all, really -

i think singer/songerwriter stuff can easily be boring/passé/bad but you've done a good job in keeping it simple but yet somewhat alluring almost hypnotic...

Keep it up

Firstly, these are just real rough versions of stuff I've written. I've actually slightly changed lyrics/parts of the songs since but just felt like I should throw them up here and get a little feedback. They were all recorded at home on my IPad with GarageBand. I am a terrible guitarist and an ok singer but still just enjoy writing stuff. The plan is just tighten my songwriting up and record them in better quality but any kind of constructive criticism is helpful.

Indie/Rock/pop/singer songwriter stuff in the vein of Frightened Rabbit/Paul Dempsey/Bon iver/city and colour etc.

https://soundcloud.com/reign_dear

great work!

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Reverance Hotel in Footscray

Thanks for the 'good luck' - though when I say 'first gig', I meant for this particular project..

have been very lucky over the journey and have played hundreds of gigs with various bands so I'm pretty comfortable with the whole thing -

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
not bad at all, really -

i think singer/songerwriter stuff can easily be boring/passé/bad but you've done a good job in keeping it simple but yet somewhat alluring almost hypnotic...

Keep it up

Haha cheers man! That's awesome to hear. I appreciate the kind words. I would prefer to not play an instrument at all and let others do it and focus on singing but I've found it tough to find likeminded people.

I still have a few more to do rough recordings of too. Bought a loop pedal too so will hopefully be smashing that too.

Catgirl

Club Legend
May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Just got my new bass so I'm pretty keen to join or start a band. Looking to gig soon or thereabouts so will be updating this thread

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Just got my new bass so I'm pretty keen to join or start a band. Looking to gig soon or thereabouts so will be updating this thread
Are you willing to come to Adelaide? Do you have any plans to stay in Adelaide?Hahaha.. my band Knight Over Day desperately need a bass player....
We want to gig as well and are looking to record an EP and stuff..

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Are you willing to come to Adelaide? Do you have any plans to stay in Adelaide?Hahaha.. my band Knight Over Day desperately need a bass player....
We want to gig as well and are looking to record an EP and stuff..
Can recommend Rick at RDMS studio in greenacres. Been a long while since I have recorded there, but the guy was good to work with, very affordable and the end result was really good.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
oh s**t you only just finished high school?

ok fair enough - you'll meet people soon
We have had a couple of auditions (one tomorrow actually) so we're getting somewhere. Just need one to be keen and stay in it for the longhaul.

I take it you're not interested in coming to the shithole that is Adelaide, Catgirl ? ;)

We're still looking for people, so if anyone is interested, message 'Knight Over Day' on Facebook or PM me on here.

We have had a couple of auditions (one tomorrow actually) so we're getting somewhere. Just need one to be keen and stay in it for the longhaul.

I take it you're not interested in coming to the shithole that is Adelaide, Catgirl ? ;)

We're still looking for people, so if anyone is interested, message 'Knight Over Day' on Facebook or PM me on here.
For gigs in between if you have a keys player go full Ray Manzarek.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Some tunes at soundcloud (hunt them down if you prefer Spotify, itunes etc).
https://soundcloud.com/dannywoodman

probably just stick to the ones at the top.

A paladins heart (indie rock) was my trying to work out why some knights got to the holy grail and the others didn't. Hitting other people with swords didn't cut the mustard, so it was about other qualities of man.
Pigs don't fly, I wrote in the last election cycle and was just sick to death of being pestered by people in suits with a fake smile trying to sell crap. Guitar is a bit on the Hendrix side (and by a bit, I only mean that) if that's your thing.
Once I'd kissed a girl. Some bluesy fun I had. Was a bit hoarse for a few weeks afterwards, damn that bridge.
They call him Dave. A bit of fun with a hint of seattle indie. Actually wrote for my big brother, for who I had a bit of hero envy of when I was a kid (I thought he could do anything and everything).

But given that it's the newfangled age of video... This song here, was just a bit of light fluffy pop I did for fun. If you don't like pop, mute the volume I don't care, but the video, in film noir style is an amazing piece of art and worth a watch.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Some tunes at soundcloud (hunt them down if you prefer Spotify, itunes etc).
https://soundcloud.com/dannywoodman

probably just stick to the ones at the top.

A paladins heart (indie rock) was my trying to work out why some knights got to the holy grail and the others didn't. Hitting other people with swords didn't cut the mustard, so it was about other qualities of man.
Pigs don't fly, I wrote in the last election cycle and was just sick to death of being pestered by people in suits with a fake smile trying to sell crap. Guitar is a bit on the Hendrix side (and by a bit, I only mean that) if that's your thing.
Once I'd kissed a girl. Some bluesy fun I had. Was a bit hoarse for a few weeks afterwards, damn that bridge.
They call him Dave. A bit of fun with a hint of seattle indie. Actually wrote for my big brother, for who I had a bit of hero envy of when I was a kid (I thought he could do anything and everything).

But given that it's the newfangled age of video... This song here, was just a bit of light fluffy pop I did for fun. If you don't like pop, mute the volume I don't care, but the video, in film noir style is an amazing piece of art and worth a watch.

Dude - that's a quality tune! From a drummers perspective I love the composition.

Back