Check Out My Stuff!!!

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone got a good website or YouTube channel for guitar lessons? Wouldn’t mind learning some music theory during this time, know the major, pentatonic and blues pentatonic and that’s about it, circle of fifths and modes seem worth learning about.

We put out a new single last week:

Give it a spin and let me know what you think. Surely everyone can relate to feeling a bit crazy over last couple of months.

Great tune mate - dig your hands work!

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Hey dudes

I made this (mostly) lofi hip hop album. Made entirely with pocket operators, which are tiny music devices. Smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school. You can download it for a buck or stream it for free. Enjoy!

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
is that photo you?

use of samples makes me think a little of The Avalanches
Haha yeah man, prep I believe. Ancient times.

And thanks man, second person who has said that! Definitely closer to early Avalanches. Nowhere near as refined as SILU.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
And thanks man, second person who has said that! Definitely closer to early Avalanches. Nowhere near as refined as SILU.

saw them perform that album live with a full band - maybe 15 or so on stage? and all samples being played live

it was one of the best gigs I've been to

Last edited:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey dudes

I made this (mostly) lofi hip hop album. Made entirely with pocket operators, which are tiny music devices. Smaller than a calculator.

It's about a day at school. You can download it for a buck or stream it for free. Enjoy!

Dude, my ears just wanted to say that they are enjoying this immensely. Well done :thumbsu:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Just discovered this thread today after 5 years on this site(I know, late bloomer)...awesome work all. Looking forward to cycling through the archives :thumbsu:

twotooto

late bloomer
Sep 26, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone got a good website or YouTube channel for guitar lessons? Wouldn’t mind learning some music theory during this time, know the major, pentatonic and blues pentatonic and that’s about it, circle of fifths and modes seem worth learning about.

For theory ~

Hey dudes

Dig it man! Pocket operators are sick and you've used them well here.

I've just picked up the guitar in the past week so will be a while before I release any songs. I can see that this is going to be a fun journey.

For anyone interested, i'm self-teaching using the JustinGuitar app. https://www.justinguitar.com/

DFWGrapher

Debutant
Mar 13, 2021
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Cleveland in every sport
I was hoping I'd see a thread like this when I saw there was a music forum!

First, if you're on Spotify look up the band Death Before Breakfast. I play drums on the Destroy Everything album. We were sort of an Americana-punk band. Started out as acoustic folk punk and then went electric.

Second after I got booted from DBB, I joined my current band, The Nothing. We're kind of an alternative garage punk band. I'm on lead guitar and backing vocals and can be seen/heard in this video:

And third, I sometimes write a little on my own as well. I enjoy satire/parody (I wrote a song composed almost solely of Donald Trump quotes called "Negative Press Covfefe," and another that was a parody of Simon & Garfunkel's The Sound of Silence called "Account Now Silenced" after Trump was banned from Twitter), but once in a while I write something serious, like this song about my family's copper mining history:

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
This video of mine went live yesterday. When we tracked it, it was the first thing we could do after lockdown, venues still had restrictions, so we had a blast going to the studio (December). But, then had to wait for a free timeslot to mix, then another wait for mastering, then the animators needed time to do their job and it has seemed like forever.

Anyway, good things come to those who wait, I'm happy with the results

Dhoni Dakurri

Cancelled
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
This is an old recording from my former band. I played lead guitar and bass.

Last edited:
Well, despite Covid ******* this industry big time I decided to pull the trigger and release my upcoming album on vinyl.

As a fully independent muso, it was a hard decision to make, but I'm so proud of this album and after hearing the test pressings, I'm so glad I made the call.

It's a mix of folk, rock and blues - my own little sound cocktail.

Back