Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd reply to a few of these so there's hopefully a bit of actual discussion about them.
My band released this single last week, recorded in home studios and files shared to make possible during lockdowns.

This is totally outside of my wheelhouse, so I can't really say whether it's good or bad, as it's just not my thing. But it sounds profesh and I reckon there's a good deal of people out there that would love it. What do you play in the band?
This is an old recording from my former band. I played lead guitar and bass.

I felt really nostalgic listening to this song. The verses had a real 60s British invasion vibe and the chorus was more of a dreamy 80s alternative feel. But it fits in well with now bands like Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever etc. No offence, but I liked this one a lot more than the second one you posted.
Well, despite Covid ******* this industry big time I decided to pull the trigger and release my upcoming album on vinyl.

As a fully independent muso, it was a hard decision to make, but I'm so proud of this album and after hearing the test pressings, I'm so glad I made the call.

It's a mix of folk, rock and blues - my own little sound cocktail.

Of the three songs on bandcamp that are available to stream, my favourite was definitely Lonelier Than You. Has a really cool swagger to it. Out of interest, where did you get the vinyl made?

Thought I'd reply to a few of these so there's hopefully a bit of actual discussion about them.

This is totally outside of my wheelhouse, so I can't really say whether it's good or bad, as it's just not my thing. But it sounds profesh and I reckon there's a good deal of people out there that would love it. What do you play in the band?

I felt really nostalgic listening to this song. The verses had a real 60s British invasion vibe and the chorus was more of a dreamy 80s alternative feel. But it fits in well with now bands like Rolling Coastal Blackout Fever etc. No offence, but I liked this one a lot more than the second one you posted.

Of the three songs on bandcamp that are available to stream, my favourite was definitely Lonelier Than You. Has a really cool swagger to it. Out of interest, where did you get the vinyl made?

Thanks for listening mate! We recorded that song about 9 years ago. We were all big fans of oasis, the verve, stones, stone roses.

Well that makes a lot of sense. What happened to the band?

Different responsibilities and folks relocating. We all got along super well. Great guys.

I thought the lead singer was a great songwriter and frontman. Here’s some more songs and out triple j unearthed page…you’re interested. We changed name late in the piece of when we got a new bassist.

Thanks mate! Pressing with Zennith in Melbourne.

Thanks for listening!
I'm the vocalist and one of the guitarists

Thanks for listening mate! We recorded that song about 9 years ago. We were all big fans of oasis, the verve, stones, stone roses.
It's very good, comrade.
I sense slight SoundGarden influence, which I like very much.

A bit of cringe but a lot of fun. My mate decided he wanted to do a little one-off project tribute song to Mr 'Democracy Manifest' himself.

So we put together this song & video. A catchy little thrash/death metal number.

For eating a succulent Chinese meal.

ROAR!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since the last time I posted in this thread (over a year ago), I got kicked out of The Nothing, and now play drums in Beethoven's Bastards.

Here's a very rough demo of our song Looking Down On Me.

anything juicy with that story, or just wasn't clicking with the other members?
It was a lot of things really.

To start off, I was completely miscast as a lead guitar player. I told them that, and typical of anything I said it went in one ear and out the other. Our lead singer/rhythm guitarist/main songwriter wrote a song that had literally the same verse and chorus lyrics three times. She said she wanted to add more to it so I told her I could see if I could some up with something and she was all for it. So I wrote two more verses so that way it at least had three different verses. She read them over, said she absolutely loved it... and never used them. Meanwhile, our bass player would make a recommendation to change something in a song and she would bend over backward to make it happen.

The final straw was practicing two weeks before our first show, the other members sat there insisting on making a gigantic change to a song. That is completely insane and nothing I said was being listened to and I ended up blowing up, getting into it with the drummer, and storming out to cool down. After about an hour we came back in and talked things over and I thought everything was cool. I said I probably won't be answering anything over the next week, that we would get together and practice one more time the next weekend, play our show the week after, and go from there. Lead singer calls me later that day, leaves a message-- after I had told them just to not bother me for a few days. I didn't answer any texts, and true to my word, I was cooled down and back to answering things later in the week-- and they were surprised when I started answering things again because, again, clearly they didn't listen when I said I'm taking a week away from things. She calls me minutes later and says they decided to move on without me.

I hold nothing but ill will toward them. Except the bass player, he's cool. I ran into him at a Rancid and Dropkick Murphys show a couple months later. But the other two can go sit on a volcano. I met my replacement a while back, one of his other bands was playing a show with my current band. He had all the personality of a cardboard box.

Hey dudes, I have an album/beat tape out!

This album is performed in one take using my hardware samplers. So everything you hear is being triggered as I go.
It's a horror themed, mostly hiphop set with an emphasis on a bit of fun as well, taking inspiration from old school B grade horror flicks.

It is intentionally a Halloween release, but I have had the set up my sleeve for some time.
It's a free to download or stream, but if you do decide to donate, it's going straight to Make-A-Wish.
And for every 100 streams (per song basis) it gets, I am putting $10 towards it as well.

Enjoy!

Hey dudes, I have an album/beat tape out!

This album is performed in one take using my hardware samplers. So everything you hear is being triggered as I go.
It's a horror themed, mostly hiphop set with an emphasis on a bit of fun as well, taking inspiration from old school B grade horror flicks.

It is intentionally a Halloween release, but I have had the set up my sleeve for some time.
It's a free to download or stream, but if you do decide to donate, it's going straight to Make-A-Wish.
And for every 100 streams (per song basis) it gets, I am putting $10 towards it as well.

Enjoy!

Very nice concept and well produced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back