Check This Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost a scoring shot every minute, how is that real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen unbalanced local footy games where the ball just surges straight out of the midfield and into the lap of the full-forward 10m out. Goal, ball back in the centre, wash rinse repeat.....

It's kind of ridiculous but it's easy to see how it can happen.

Apparently the side involved requested to not be put in that comp and to be out into a different division. You wonder what goes through the winning team’s mind - I know they have other teams to compete with in terms of percentage etc but surely you don’t get any satisfaction out of that.

From a friend on X (Twitter):

"It's where I was coaching my juniors for cricket. From my understanding, they had a wedding, and played a numerous of under age payers, happened in the first round of cricket season. I was asked to play A grade. But declined"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the side involved requested to not be put in that comp and to be out into a different division. You wonder what goes through the winning team’s mind - I know they have other teams to compete with in terms of percentage etc but surely you don’t get any satisfaction out of that.
Someone on reddit was either a player for or involved with the winning club.

He said they tried to be respectful and not carry on like muppets, they knew the situation and didn't rub Elizabeth's noses in it.

Someone on reddit was either a player for or involved with the winning club.

He said they tried to be respectful and not carry on like muppets, they knew the situation and didn't rub Elizabeth's noses in it.

That’s fine and credit to them if they were able to do that but switch your team around and play your forwards back. Play all your reserves the full game etc. I know it’s a tough situation for them to be in too but there is nothing to gain from a result like that

From Channel 9 News' Instagram:

Screenshot_20240505-171337.jpg

I calculate that to be less than a minute of playing time between scoring shots (80 minutes of playing time ÷ 106 scoring shots = 0.75). That sounds like a succession of centre clearances leading directly to goals, with Elizabeth's mids never getting a look in and their defenders completely outclassed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back