Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe our embarrassment of a cheer squad is still going. The arrogance that mob exude is remarkable considering the absolute lack of influence they have on anybody outside of the cheer squad.
It's this kind of negativity that makes me keen to make a difference!
I've only been to a couple of games so far this year but I'm keen to get far more vocal than I have in previous years with the Saintas...
I challenge you to get on board rather than be a 'negative nance' and take pot shots at the poor pricks.
They need help and that comes from us Saints supporters that have been sitting dormant for far too long now.

I'm interstate but can we maybe work on our player chants clap clap clap Tim Membrey clap clap clap was really bloody lame i cringed when i heard that one coming through the foxtel.
Especially as i was already humming Mandy (probably because of the simpsons)

Oh Membrey
You came and you made the dees turkeys
On my day off from workie

Ok not that great and I'm sure someone else could come up with something better but its still beats clap clap clap

My simple thought is get a "3-2-1 St.Kilda" chant.
Get your hands up and out for the "3-2-1" and clap insync on the St.Kilda...

My inspiration really draws from the passion shown at Victory games I've been to in the past and have always thought "Why can't we do this at St.Kilda?"
It's good to see people are for change to take place but we really need numbers in behind the goals in order for anything to take place.

So if you're anything like myself (keen to actually have unified and active support behind the goals to drive the rest of the crowd), then get on down for the game this Sunday.
It really is the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and give your Mother a nice quite afternoon to herself (rather than hearing you yell at the TV).

:footy::footy::footy: C'mon people get keen! :footy::footy::footy:

takes two to tango. some of the responses in here from people obviously associated with the MW are embarrassing

you're adults that support the same club FFS start acting like it

Say the child that has a fixation about WCE and Freo.

Pot Kettle Black.

Go look in a mirror and get an idea what you are talking about.

Some petty imbicile in the CS posts BS about people from a place for members and cops a deserved spray.

Ignorant West Australians stick their noses in when they are clueless. Keep your bib out of it considering you dont know what you are talking about.

Say the child that has a fixation about WCE and Freo.

Pot Kettle Black.

Go look in a mirror and get an idea what you are talking about.

Some petty imbicile in the CS posts BS about people from a place for members and cops a deserved spray.

Ignorant West Australians stick their noses in when they are clueless. Keep your bib out of it considering you dont know what you are talking about.

see this is exactly what i'm talking about joff

My simple thought is get a "3-2-1 St.Kilda" chant.
Get your hands up and out for the "3-2-1" and clap insync on the St.Kilda...

My inspiration really draws from the passion shown at Victory games I've been to in the past and have always thought "Why can't we do this at St.Kilda?"
It's good to see people are for change to take place but we really need numbers in behind the goals in order for anything to take place.

So if you're anything like myself (keen to actually have unified and active support behind the goals to drive the rest of the crowd), then get on down for the game this Sunday.
It really is the perfect opportunity to get out of the house and give your Mother a nice quite afternoon to herself (rather than hearing you yell at the TV).

:footy::footy::footy: C'mon people get keen! :footy::footy::footy:

great work buddy. you are exactly the type of person the club needs

Disappointed in the amount of empty seats I saw in and around the cheer squad today, especially after our 37k members announcement.

However I can't wait to hear the "Oh When The Saints" over the PA once we have 40k + in the stadium.

Although it was a disappointing result, it was a grouse game to be at!

A few things for the CS at the next home game:
  • Get a broader range of chants going (I did notice a 'Jack' chant thrown in, but more is needed).
  • Get more parts of the crowd involved, and once there's more involved keep everyone in time.
  • Try to have the chants going consistently throughout the game, particularly after the opposition score.
  • Get up and about for the 'OWEN' chant for **** sake... the club has clearly put some time and effort into so the least we can do as supporters is get up for it.
  • Have everyone stand, with their scarves high in the air before the game - stand tall before the opposition and really display that home game feel.

It's not all going to come together overnight but people have to be more prepared to support rather than just watch the game.
As odd as that may sound if you're behind the goals that's your role, support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drawza whats the CS view on the OWEN chant.

When I was at the Dogs game they didn't seem to into it. Were you consulted by the club, is there something planned for upcoming home games?

It would be great if you guys start it or something.

Drawza whats the CS view on the OWEN chant.

When I was at the Dogs game they didn't seem to into it. Were you consulted by the club, is there something planned for upcoming home games?

It would be great if you guys start it or something.
I guess it is still relatively new, there are some in the squad that knew about it and I think the fact it is done when quite a few members aren't there as they are getting back from banner means we aren't as loud in doing so. Personally, I like it and will admit I was nervous doing it but am more confident now to do it.

Although it was a disappointing result, it was a grouse game to be at!

A few things for the CS at the next home game:
  • Get a broader range of chants going (I did notice a 'Jack' chant thrown in, but more is needed).
  • Get more parts of the crowd involved, and once there's more involved keep everyone in time.
  • Try to have the chants going consistently throughout the game, particularly after the opposition score.
  • Get up and about for the 'OWEN' chant for **** sake... the club has clearly put some time and effort into so the least we can do as supporters is get up for it.
  • Have everyone stand, with their scarves high in the air before the game - stand tall before the opposition and really display that home game feel.

It's not all going to come together overnight but people have to be more prepared to support rather than just watch the game.
As odd as that may sound if you're behind the goals that's your role, support.
Totally agree with you on all points. As stated in my previous post, there are quite a few people not back in the area from banner when the OWEN chant is started, and they don't get back until just after the game has started, so it is harder than people think.

We are currently working on a chant list so all members are aware of our chants, glad to hear the new JACK chant was used, it is one that I am proud to say I came up with. I think by the end of the season we will have seen positive change and something to work towards improving next season, as you said it won't happen overnight and it does indeed take time for consistency.

I hope to catch up with you at a game as you have some really good ideas for the cheer squad.

The chant really needs to be promoted more in the members emails and on the social media accounts. Still so many people dont realize what it is or that they really need to start getting up and sing.
I am one that's in that boat. Can someone give me a tl;dr on the whole chant?

I've heard the new chant, but can't really make out what it says or where it's came from. I figured it was just an 'oh when the saints' chant, and originated here??

I am one that's in that boat. Can someone give me a tl;dr on the whole chant?

I've heard the new chant, but can't really make out what it says or where it's came from. I figured it was just an 'oh when the saints' chant, and originated here??

This is what its MEANT to be sounding like. Get 40,000 Saints fans chanting it and it will bring the house down.

GJD23 this really should be a thing to mention to Finnis when you can. I think its a super important thing to really get going as part of our branding and identity going forward. An email/facebook etc.. with a video of the song being sung as it should will help as people get lost when it speeds up and also when the ******* siren goes and cuts the PA out.

Disappointed in the amount of empty seats I saw in and around the cheer squad today, especially after our 37k members announcement.

However I can't wait to hear the "Oh When The Saints" over the PA once we have 40k + in the stadium.
Is that the first game they have done that at? If it was they should've had that chick bring it up and explain it rather then trying to gob drew Petrie off all pre game

Totally agree with you on all points. As stated in my previous post, there are quite a few people not back in the area from banner when the OWEN chant is started, and they don't get back until just after the game has started, so it is harder than people think.

We are currently working on a chant list so all members are aware of our chants, glad to hear the new JACK chant was used, it is one that I am proud to say I came up with. I think by the end of the season we will have seen positive change and something to work towards improving next season, as you said it won't happen overnight and it does indeed take time for consistency.

I hope to catch up with you at a game as you have some really good ideas for the cheer squad.
Doesn't help when the team runs out with 3 minutes before the game due to start

The chant really needs to be promoted more in the members emails and on the social media accounts. Still so many people dont realize what it is or that they really need to start getting up and sing.
Yeah it's weird that the all the promotion it has received is from GJD23.

Given it's had a few trial runs now it can't be that hard for the club to whip a video/ad of it in action for the unawares.

just wondering if there is actually a leader (capo) of the cheer squad like in soccer matches who is designated to start chants? if not it is definitely worth trying so everyone is on the same page

just wondering if there is actually a leader (capo) of the cheer squad like in soccer matches who is designated to start chants? if not it is definitely worth trying so everyone is on the same page

I think the bass drum would be good too. It really gets the volume up quickly. At the footy it's like people are a bit shy to get loud. If you start the banging they get a bit bolder at the soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back