News Cheer Squad Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

inamedthegiants

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Are any of you guys/girls members of the cheer squad?

If so are you aware of the e-mail sent out yesterday stating that the club is taking over the day-to-day running of the CS?

Formerly as a Victorian Giant member, and only attending Victorian games, I found Kath and Seb to be outstanding individuals and über passionate supporters.

I can't see how this is a step forward in the right direction for the CS. Needless to say a great big thank you goes out to Kath & Seb for the outstanding work tjey have done thus far.

• Banned
So I'm assuming none of the posters here are cheer squad member? Just received further correspondence from the club today.

Still no reason as to why the changes. Really thinking the club are pulling a very, very wrong reign here.

Not a member of the CS, but did sit with them for the last game of 2013 on the Gold Coast. My son and I scored free flights and tickets thanks to the club. Those running the CS do a great job for sure. The reality is that most clubs have a stake in running their CS. There is most often a membership package available, with extra benefits etc. The club has to engage fully in the CS, so long as they continue to harness the energy, experience and skils of Kath, Seb and the rest of the team. If they do this, then it is a good move I think.

Sorry to intrude guys, but I've never been to a Giants match before so I was wondering what the travelling cheer squad is like (outside of Sydney)? Is there much of a presence in Victoria or Queensland? Obviously, it's difficult to establish a well supported club in only a few short years, but I was curious to see how well the cheer squad forms outside of the 'homeland'. Cheers :)

• Banned
Sorry to intrude guys, but I've never been to a Giants match before so I was wondering what the travelling cheer squad is like (outside of Sydney)? Is there much of a presence in Victoria or Queensland? Obviously, it's difficult to establish a well supported club in only a few short years, but I was curious to see how well the cheer squad forms outside of the 'homeland'. Cheers :)
Best turn out we had in Victoria was when a coach full of Dartmoorians came up last year to watch the Hawks game. They were ripping people.

If the club has taken over the cheersquad, then it is obvious that there is a need for an independent supporters group in the form of a grog squad.
In the bays near the away fans give em some lip and sing ruder,cruder songs to get under the away players and supporters skin.
The abattoirs once resided on the site of our ground, maybe its time we pay homage to that and open the slaughterhouse!

I agree with GG on this one. Just based on my observations, around 70-75% of our attending fans are families with young kids. The club has specifically targetted this kind of crowd and it is smart. We are planting the seeds for the future to keep this club sustainable.

There's always room for those who want to enjoy a beer or ten, but its not the core culture we need. There's enoug NRL teams that have that culture covered in Sydney.

I've said it a couple of times, but sitting next to the Giants cheersquad was a lot of fun and I will be doing it again for Joellys 200th. Lots of energy, very inclusive and completely non-threatening to us pseudo-Giants. It was really nice to see a cheersquad that was mainly about cheering on their team and not having a go at the opposition team.

No need to ruin it with alcohol (the day humanity outgrows its obsession with that repulsive substance the better).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping we'll see a

"PLASTIC
FANTASTIC"

banner soon in the CS...
LOL. Or "Plastic campaigners" in honour of that drunken Bulldog feral who wandered in looking for someone to punch on with. On the back of that incident in the last round last year, thankfully no-one took the bait.

LOL. Or "Plastic campaigners" in honour of that drunken Bulldog feral who wandered in looking for someone to punch on with. On the back of that incident in the last round last year, thankfully no-one took the bait.
Is that you Mick?

I showed some restraint that day.

Two quick little jumper punches made the Liberatore looking flog a little uneasy on his feet. Can't believe he didn't get booted out.

Proud that I didn't spill my beer too!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back