Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

drawza I was sitting quite far up on the wing level three so I couldn't hear you guys so much, but I could see the energy. I watched the replay ( as you do after a win) and the new banners and flags look amazing!

Can hear you guys and girls on the tv quite well....I've noticed the chants every game this year
And tbh I'm so glad the 'we want another one just like the other one woo woo woo' has gone

The changes have def been for the better
Tbh ive no idea what the flags say as ive seen bugger all of them on the tv, but that could just be me as im not glued to the box after a goal

Did well today mate very loud for an 'Away' game, the banner the boys ran out to was a nice little jab at the Pies too;

"Black & White, that's a bit boring. Throw in some Red, now the crowd's roaring" Lol.

Overall well done, and on the season so far it's been a much better CS experience for me.
Lololol!

Love that banner. My god, it sounds like that whoever is running tings in the CS now is Bains-like in effectiveness. Chapeaux!

Need to get the Dare promotion shirts again. The RW&B in the CS looked amazing drawza! Needs to make it an every home game feature at the very least

+1
Looked fantastic!

+1
Looked fantastic!

People took the shirts with them. It might happen again next year if Dare wants to do another sponsored match.

I'd like to see the seat covers come back though. They looked pretty good. However I have heard ridiculous figures for things to be placed like that by stadium staff, $5,000 each time. So probably not a priority at the moment.

Need to get the Dare promotion shirts again. The RW&B in the CS looked amazing drawza! Needs to make it an every home game feature at the very least

100% agree with that. Every home game should have the Red, White and Black t-shirts for those sections 24 and 25.

Looks fantastic

There's smaller things you can do other than tshirts such as mini flags in red, white and black, A3/A4 size cards etc. Might not be visible for the whole game but you can do it as players run out or at specific times.

The trip colours are perfect for this sort of thing.

There's smaller things you can do other than tshirts such as mini flags in red, white and black, A3/A4 size cards etc. Might not be visible for the whole game but you can do it as players run out or at specific times.

A4 card is a brilliant idea. Can maybe do a Mexican wave style thing with the three colour panels.
It was just great looking down there and seeing a tri colour group sitting in the stands.

I agree in regards to the A4 placard display.
Similar card 'tifos' have been carried out to reasonable success in A League games with larger audiences. Cost effectiveness and easy distribution are also massive positives.

The biggest issue is crowd engagement. Saints fans are conservative. Although the CS sounds better, there are still many in and around who don't participate fully. In theory it sounds amazing, in practise it's hard.

The biggest issue is crowd engagement. Saints fans are conservative. Although the CS sounds better, there are still many in and around who don't participate fully. In theory it sounds amazing, in practise it's hard.
Can't disagree with you there. Perhaps like world football, just apply it as a pre game display.

I haven't got around to congratulating the CS yet this year, but your noise and displays have improved immeasurably in comparison to the last handful of seasons. Keep at it.

can the people with target signs actually sit in the middle or pass them to the people in the middle, their was on nuffy on the weekend who was sitting in the behind side holding up a target sign for us haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The French do the small flag thing well. Just swap the Bleu pour noire.
IMG_0101.jpg

can the people with target signs actually sit in the middle or pass them to the people in the middle, their was on nuffy on the weekend who was sitting in the behind side holding up a target sign for us haha
I think we are still learning with the targets, definitely will take this on board and get the right angle for the target to be in the goal area.

Maybe he was just trying to increase the chances of the target being hit

I don't think I have felt ever felt so pumped up after a loss. I am so proud to be apart of the cheer squad right now and having the surrounding bays join in made it even more electric. To hear so many positive comments regarding all aspects of the cheer squad, it really does lift me.

There have been so many amazing people who have put in so much time and effort to get us this far and I can see us getting better week by week.

The CS was again absolutely fantastic yesterday...........we're in bay 39 5 rows in from the fence....when the team was flying for the first 3 1/4's....the atmosphere was electric and when we looked right to the CS...it looked huge and a mass of colour after goals were kicked.

We often could hear you from where we were sitting.

Well done and a great job by all.

I don't think I have felt ever felt so pumped up after a loss. I am so proud to be apart of the cheer squad right now and having the surrounding bays join in made it even more electric. To hear so many positive comments regarding all aspects of the cheer squad, it really does lift me.

There have been so many amazing people who have put in so much time and effort to get us this far and I can see us getting better week by week.

hey mate you can hear it on tv, sounds bloody great!!!!

what ever the changes are its working!!!

Well that explains Gilbo's shot.

If you want to see how to do this well, just ask the North Koreans.

So, we only have to set up a dictatorial regime that threatens every Cheersquad members' family, and we're set! #maybenot

The CS was again absolutely fantastic yesterday...........we're in bay 39 5 rows in from the fence....when the team was flying for the first 3 1/4's....the atmosphere was electric and when we looked right to the CS...it looked huge and a mass of colour after goals were kicked.

We often could hear you from where we were sitting.

Well done and a great job by all.

One of the biggest positives for me was the atmosphere generally was back on the weekend. 35,000ish crowd but it sounded bigger with a pretty empty level 2 but pretty packed in elsewhere. It reminded me of 2009 2010 when the crowd would get properly involved. The cheer squad looked filled out too- good job.

If you want to see how to do this well, just ask the North Koreans.

So, we only have to set up a dictatorial regime that threatens every Cheersquad members' family, and we're set! #maybenot

It looks like a post Bevo's party night mare.

One of the biggest positives for me was the atmosphere generally was back on the weekend. 35,000ish crowd but it sounded bigger with a pretty empty level 2 but pretty packed in elsewhere. It reminded me of 2009 2010 when the crowd would get properly involved. The cheer squad looked filled out too- good job.

Atmosphere was great for three quarters.

It'd be great to see us as supporters more involved like that on a regular basis. From personal experience we are one of the most subdued supporter bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back