Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

26 thou total
We were in aisle 41 on the left of it
There was something like 8 or 9 seats in our row...we had tickets for seats 25 and 26, so right on the aisle edge....there was no one to the left in the 8 or so seats, the row in front was empty and the row behind was empty. The bigger section of that bay 41 to the right was packed tho
But looking around the ground....it looked sparse

Kinda sad really

26 thou total
We were in aisle 41 on the left of it
There was something like 8 or 9 seats in our row...we had tickets for seats 25 and 26, so right on the aisle edge....there was no one to the left in the 8 or so seats, the row in front was empty and the row behind was empty. The bigger section of that bay 41 to the right was packed tho
But looking around the ground....it looked sparse

Kinda sad really
Average for North home matches against St Kilda at Docklands is 31,000. I'm not sure we could have reasonably expected much more than 26,000 tonight for 15th vs 12th.

Average for North home matches against St Kilda at Docklands is 31,000. I'm not sure we could have reasonably expected much more than 26,000 tonight for 15th vs 12th.
I must say that I was very surprised with the attendance....I thought they'd be pushing to get 20 K TBH.

Where there many Saints fans there?

So whoever has the Saints target behind the goals... leave it up, don't put it away half way through the set shot routine! :)
Yeah about that, somebody in front of them told them angrily to put it down, I ensured the next time they kept the target up.

It's a constant battle with people who sit behind the Cheer Squad. I personally think it's better for people to stand and chant. People are naturally louder, more animated and project their voices better when standing. But I was told to sit down. lol If we can push back to the back row, that would be epic.

Sat in the cheer squad for the last quarter and they were very loud which was good, but jeez there are still some very grumpy people there. I wasn't standing but the people who were where I was were constantly yelled at to sit down by the people behind, they didn't stop complaining the whole time I was there. I mean c'mon it's the CS, what do people expect?

Not a whole lot. Probably more North fans but then you'd expect that given it was their home game.

Always hard to tell.

I made a quick dash to the pisser to beat the rush, just before 3/4 time I think. As I was unburdening my bladder I heard an enormous roar. My immediate thoughts, given it was their home game, were that the Kangas had goaled.

However when I got back to the bar I was pleasantly surprised; not just because my mate CaptainRisky had bought a shout, but because it was actually our mob who had scored

Those Saints fans that turned up did the club proud IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sat in the cheer squad for the last quarter and they were very loud which was good, but jeez there are still some very grumpy people there. I wasn't standing but the people who were where I was were constantly yelled at to sit down by the people behind, they didn't stop complaining the whole time I was there. I mean c'mon it's the CS, what do people expect?

It's like the people who moved in above the Espy in St Kilda then complained about the noise and had it shut down. If you don't like ******* signs, people standing up and loud noise sit somewhere else dickheads. Some people have issues. At least it's not the cheer squad getting shitty with outsiders these days.

Keep in mind the CS only goes back so far, most of the people who are telling you to sit down aren't in the CS. It's painful.

Keep in mind the CS only goes back so far, most of the people who are telling you to sit down aren't in the CS. It's painful.

If I manage to get to a game sometime this year I'd like to sit behind our CS and cheer on with the rest. I think it would be exciting and I'm 53 , just shows you are never too old to get caught up in the excitement of footy.

Sent via HAL

How stupid are you if you sit behind the CS and yell at them to sit down. We all know the CS stands a lot especially after a goal , they cheer . Anyone sitting behind them when the crowd isn't big should just move if they don't like it . I like to stand and applaud after a goal as well.

It's like sitting in the CS and asking them to be quiet as your baby is trying to sleep , lol, it just ain't going to happen.
A person with one brain cell should be able to work that out.

Sent via HAL

Last edited:
How stupid are you if you sit behind the CS and yell at them to sit down. We all know the CS stands a lot especially after a goal , they cheer . Anyone sitting behind them when the crowd isn't big should just move if they don't like it .
Yeah. It’s like standing in line at the bar and you’re complaining that the person in the front is ordering all sorts of fancy wines and cocktails so complex that the bar person needs to undertake extensive research before they even start attempting to construct them. And you just want a beer.

Actually it’s nothing like that at all – those non beer drinking arseholes are just arseholes

Yeah. It’s like standing in line at the bar and you’re complaining that the person in the front is ordering all sorts of fancy wines and cocktails so complex that the bar person needs to undertake extensive research before they even start attempting to construct them. And you just want a beer.

Actually it’s nothing like that at all – those non beer drinking arseholes are just arseholes
Hate them.
Express beer lanes need to become a thing

I always thought the seats behind the CS were sold as "restricted viewing" ie pretty much only sold when very other reserved seat in the ground was taken, like those one nestling against the scoreboard walls on L3

I always thought the seats behind the CS were sold as "restricted viewing" ie pretty much only sold when very other reserved seat in the ground was taken, like those one nestling against the scoreboard walls on L3

No, they are sold as a category of tickets. You can choose to sit there if you want. Obviously you would sit elsewhere, but they are not cheaper. The only restricted viewing areas are the seats either side of the towers. Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 4.42.38 pm.png

Any chance the people behind the CS were the ones who bought the $15 tockets which were advertised 24 hours before the game? I think a few posters on this board snagged them and attended...

Any chance the people behind the CS were the ones who bought the $15 tockets which were advertised 24 hours before the game? I think a few posters on this board snagged them and attended...

I bought one of the $15 tickets. But i didn't tell people to sit down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back