Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How about NOT having cheesy big player heads on sticks?
Thats my idea.

Have they got rid of the just as silly chant yet? We want another one, just like the other one woot woot wooo"?
These days, at the game I stay well away from the CS.

When you woke up this morn did you realize it's 2017??

The cheer squad has completely changed
It was discussed all pre season and early in to the season on here

If you attend games you'll be able to answer your own question regarding chants seeing as they can be heard from anywhere in the dome

Cheers mate, we have a new policy that we get louder as much as we can, even when they have kicked a goal, we like to be the noise the crowd and more importantly our boys hear next. The message is "Don't give up, we haven't and we are here to support you...always!"
When I was at the Port game, that was clearly evident in the cheer squad. It was obviously a smaller, interstate cohort, with a few like Drawz over from Victoria. But boy, were we LOUD (... I may have contributed to that quite a bit... I have a loud lecturer's voice... But still...). And I can assure you, the Port fans noticed! When Gray kicked that goal, it was like the entire stadium turned and roared at is - it wasn't the nicest feeling, but hey, usually they would have celebrated that by themselves, ignoring us even being there. This was more, "Finally that'll shut you rowdy Saints cheer squad up!" We had clearly got under their skin that night: a small victory on an otherwise sucky night.

Maybe the cheer squad can make a big cardboard sign saying "KICK HERE" so players know where the goals are :D

Maybe we can do an extra massive giant head of one of the lads with his mouth wide open and then when we kick for goal we can aim for the opening?

The message is "Don't give up, we haven't and we are here to support you...always!"
Great work again CS......I was fortunate to be sitting up in level 2 in Bay 38........awesome view btw......and the noise and colour from you guys was fantastic...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about NOT having cheesy big player heads on sticks?
Thats my idea.

Have they got rid of the just as silly chant yet? We want another one, just like the other one woot woot wooo"?
These days, at the game I stay well away from the CS.
Seems like your head is bigger than the made up ones, maybe we can put you on a stick and fling you around Etihad.

*Just taking the piss, I'll act like an adult next time*

When I was at the Port game, that was clearly evident in the cheer squad. It was obviously a smaller, interstate cohort, with a few like Drawz over from Victoria. But boy, were we LOUD (... I may have contributed to that quite a bit... I have a loud lecturer's voice... But still...). And I can assure you, the Port fans noticed! When Gray kicked that goal, it was like the entire stadium turned and roared at is - it wasn't the nicest feeling, but hey, usually they would have celebrated that by themselves, ignoring us even being there. This was more, "Finally that'll shut you rowdy Saints cheer squad up!" We had clearly got under their skin that night: a small victory on an otherwise sucky night.
Was a hard night wasn't it

Cheers mate, we have a new policy that we get louder as much as we can, even when they have kicked a goal, we like to be the noise the crowd and more importantly our boys hear next. The message is "Don't give up, we haven't and we are here to support you...always!"

Hey who is the woman with the really loud voice, lol, seems to be one who gets them going . Might be wrong but it sounds like it .

Seems like your head is bigger than the made up ones, maybe we can put you on a stick and fling you around Etihad.

Some people may wish they could have a bigger head

images

That would be Lisa, our Chant master extraordinaire.

She's great although I don't know how she talks after the game . Does she have a voice left after the game ? Lol. She does a great job.

That would be Lisa, our Chant master extraordinaire.

Any chance Lisa or anyone else there doing like an interview on here just saying about her background and how she got into being in the cheer squad. That would be interesting. Could they interview them selves and put them up over the footy break . Would be great over the summer months to have a 'This is your cheer squad ' type thread as I don't see too many other clubs doing it yet .

It would be great if the CS did some vignettes of meet your cheer squad over the summer break to bring up some interest. I know the club is reviewing membership options, especially since the new deal has made things a lot more profitable now.

Well said! In my humble opinion, Adelaide Oval, V Port, saw the Cheer Squad have their finest hour! It's OH SO EASY to "sing when you're winning" to keep up the chanting the way they did at that match, made me SO proud to be a Sainter! and SO lucky to have been THERE! Go Saints! GO Cheer Squad! You ROCK!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back