Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved the passion Musonda showed celebrating his goal. A long time coming but hopefully he can build on this game, as he definitely looked like a good fit. Hard for him to get a look in outside of cup games though with Hazard back and Willian/Pedro going alright.

Also, Rudiger and Christensen just continue to impress me. Christensen composure and passing is great for someone so young, and that ball from Rudiger for Kenedy's goal today :eek:

I had my reservations about Morata but gee we could have ourselves a world class striker for the next five years

Anyone else think we should go into the big games with the 3-5-2 ? Now that Hazard is fit & Morata is finding form, i think it's our best formation. Could notice a massive difference when Fabregas came on for Pedro & Hazard for Willy, the attack looked so much smoother.

Hazard ~ Morata
Fabregas
Alonso ~ Kante ~ Bakayoko ~ Moses
Rudiger ~ Luiz ~ Azpi
Courtois

Then when we have to rotate the squad switch to a 3-4-3 with Pedro,Michy & Willian up top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was such a great performance this morning. Probably our toughest test in the group and to dominate the game like that is really encouraging.

How ******* good is Alvaro, my word.

I also absolutely lost my s**t as quietly as possible when Bats scored.

It was such a great performance this morning. Probably our toughest test in the group and to dominate the game like that is really encouraging.

How ******* good is Alvaro, my word.

I also absolutely lost my s**t as quietly as possible when Bats scored.
I wasn't confident at the start of the campaign with a bit of disharmony, (what looked like) a lack a depth and Morata being the big unknown. We had IMO the toughest group of any English club but after Burnley (and to some extent, Arsenal) we haven't put a foot wrong and quietly lurking just below the Manchester clubs; that's a huge testament to Conte.

Loved the performance last night.

Bakayoko a real standout for me. Didn't boss the game by any means but looked very good teaming up with Kante

Last edited:
Loved the performance last night.

Bakayoko a real standout for me. Didn't boss the game by any means but looked very good teaming up with Kante
I actually thought it was a weaker performance from Baka. Gave it away a few times.

He was also playing a different role, a bit more like an anchor defensively so Kante and Cesc could roam forward.

Watching the U18's game vs Fulham and Chelsea are already up 5-1 in the first half and Taylor-Crossale has a first half (10 minute) hat trick. The top two teams of the division and Chelsea walking them.

Big test for Christensen tonight, think he'll do well.

Also hope we stick with the 3-5-2 providing everyone is fit.

I'm not going to say I'm glad but it helps that City are without Mendy and Aguero. I love that Conte has the fortitude to take it up to teams, not sit back and hit on the counter like Jose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back