Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Geez, Lukaku is being a tease...
A week ago I would've sold him for anything. Now he's put together two great games, not only the goals but working harder and getting plenty of chances.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Geez, Lukaku is being a tease...
A week ago I would've sold him for anything. Now he's put together two great games, not only the goals but working harder and getting plenty of chances.
Wolves and a 10 man Leeds, he should be dominating. Hopefully this season has been humbling and he has a big preseason. Still don't think he fits TTs football.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
So Liverpool haven't beaten us this season in normal time. Unlucky to not have an extra trophy.

Hope TT gets to review and buy players he wants, get rid of a few that aren't going to take us fwd.

There's no shame in losing to this Pool side but to do it in penalties is a bit heartbreaking.

Need to have a big summer to close the gap.
I think next season will be a transitional season to be honest.

We need to replace most of our defence on top of needing to boost the attack and midfield.
Just not feasible in one window I don't think.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I think next season will be a transitional season to be honest.

We need to replace most of our defence on top of needing to boost the attack and midfield.
Just not feasible in one window I don't think.
Agree, it's annoying that we have wasted 3 windows so far under TT and all we bought was Lukaku. We've put ourselves behind the eight ball.

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Think we need to overhaul our attack. I’d start with getting rid of Pulisic. So inconsistent and his body is unreliable. I’d loan him out. Werner and Ziyech can be sold. Bring in someone that knows how to finish. Havertz has turned to s**t again. Maybe I need to reverse mozz him again. Lukaku, no words. We don’t have one good attacking player and half of our defence is leaving. Massive holes in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Who reported that figure?
There's plenty of rumours about it on the net and as a free transfer he'd definitely be getting a hefty one.

His brother is his agent and is also getting a huge agent fee.

It's going to be interesting to see if he's the same player when he's in a back 4 at Real, we know how bad he was for us in one here.

Goshka

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
There's plenty of rumours about it on the net and as a free transfer he'd definitely be getting a hefty one.

His brother is his agent and is also getting a huge agent fee.

It's going to be interesting to see if he's the same player when he's in a back 4 at Real, we know how bad he was for us in one here.
I thought it was like €8m.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
I thought it was like €8m.
I think that'll be more like what his brother makes, ive seen it reported Rudi will get closer to 30m.

Whatever the figure he's leaving us for a bigger pay packet and that's his choice. He leaves a champ so he's entitled to it I guess

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Think we need to overhaul our attack. I’d start with getting rid of Pulisic. So inconsistent and his body is unreliable. I’d loan him out. Werner and Ziyech can be sold. Bring in someone that knows how to finish. Havertz has turned to s**t again. Maybe I need to reverse mozz him again. Lukaku, no words. We don’t have one good attacking player and half of our defence is leaving. Massive holes in the squad.
I think Havertz just got overplayed in the end, and was cooked. Looked fresher in last nights game, and played well.

Agree on overhaul, Werner, Pulisic gone and what about Hudson-Odoi? He's not even getting substitution minutes, might be time to sell him or at least loan him out...
But I'd keep Ziyech, more than handy and good depth. Bring back Gallagher and Broja as replacements.

Lukaku staying, would be dependent on what happens with other potential strikers we can sign - Lewandoski, Dyalba, Nunez etc. Keep if we don't get one.

Next season front three options:

Havertz
Broja
Ziyech
Mount
Lukaku or other...
Gallagher (also midfield option)
Probably need 1 more as Gallagher probably play more as a midfielder

Losing Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen and Alonso we will need to probably keep Sarr as depth (although hasn't been great) and recall Colwill and maybe Ampadu as well as buy a Kounde.
Definitely need some left side cover for too, but hopefully Chilly finds his best form again.

Potentially also bring back Gilmour for midfield as Barkley and Saul likely to go.

Kepa the only other I think will go.

Pretty big amount changes potentially on the horizon, but our academy guns coming back hopefully reduce the need for loads of transfers. Prefer just a couple of good ones.

Back