Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Conte saying what we all want to hear about the younger guys.

Hopefully he stays true to this and gives some of these guys a chance and hopefully earn themselves a place in the squad going forward.

Also, hai guys. First post in here after lurking around for a while. Great time to jump in now that I can't watch the games every week live on foxsport. :rolleyes: oh well.

Welcome mate, dont be a stranger.

I pinched this from another Chelsea forum -

"Pirlo also remarked approvingly of Conte's man-management and motivational skills. In his autobiography he recalled how Conte's introductory speech to the Juventus squad made a significant impact: "He needed only one speech, with many simple words, to conquer both me and Juventus. He had fire running through his veins and he moved like a viper. 'This squad, dear boys, is coming off two consecutive seventh-place finishes. It's crazy. It's shocking. I am not here for this, so it's time to stop being so crap.'... When Conte speaks, his words assault you. They crash through the doors of your mind. I've lost count of the number of times I've said: 'Hell, Conte said something really spot-on again today.'"[66]

In addition to his comparisons to José Mourinho, some commentators have also remarked on his managerial similarities to Alex Ferguson,[67] using an anecdote from his final season as Juventus manager to illustrate his formidable temper. Prior to the team talk ahead of the final game of the 2013–14 season, Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon arrived with the club's chief executive who Buffon claimed wanted to speak to the players over how much they were due in win bonuses having won the title. "The suggestion sent Conte into a fury. He chased every player out of the room as he tore into Buffon. 'I don’t want to hear another word,' Conte is said to have screamed. 'From you, of all people, I would never have expected such a thing. Bonuses … You’re a disappointment, a defeat from the moment you open your mouth. Just like all the rest of these half-wits.'"[67] Juventus won the game 3–0 and set a new record for the most points and wins in a single Serie A season."

High press seems to be the Conte mantra, if this is the case we need to get a move on and spend big on defenders. Most of what we have currently aren't capable of playing this way.

High press seems to be the Conte mantra, if this is the case we need to get a move on and spend big on defenders. Most of what we have currently aren't capable of playing this way.
Our defence is woeful at the moment. Zouma and Azpillicueta are the only ones who should be best XI. We desperately need someone like Koulibaly or Manolas. Just pay up and get it done with. Surely Conte, being Italian and all, would focus on strengthening our defence first up.

Our defence is woeful at the moment. Zouma and Azpillicueta are the only ones who should be best XI. We desperately need someone like Koulibaly or Manolas. Just pay up and get it done with. Surely Conte, being Italian and all, would focus on strengthening our defence first up.
Just pay up for Koulibaly. Thats all I ask for.

Gives Aina an opportunity which is good, but squadwise it's not yay at all. We're already weak enough at the back as it is, and losing one of our more experienced defenders for a few weeks this far out from the start of the season is never a good thing.

Gives Aina an opportunity which is good, but squadwise it's not yay at all. We're already weak enough at the back as it is, and losing one of our more experienced defenders for a few weeks this far out from the start of the season is never a good thing.
Hopefully it forces the board to sign some defenders

By the sounds of things 442 will be the stock standard formation this season. Something that i'm excited about, love seeing us with 2 strikers out there.

-----------------------Courtois(Begovic)
Azpi(Ivanovic) - Cahill(Zouma) - Terry(?????) - Baba(Aina)
------------------Kante(Fab) - Matic(Mikel)
-----Willian(Cuadrado) -------------- Hazard(Pedro)
--------------Costa(Remy)---Batshuayi(Traore)

RLC - Oscar - Moses - Kenedy

We badly need anothe top quality CB.

By the sounds of things 442 will be the stock standard formation this season. Something that i'm excited about, love seeing us with 2 strikers out there.

-----------------------Courtois(Begovic)
Azpi(Ivanovic) - Cahill(Zouma) - Terry(?????) - Baba(Aina)
------------------Kante(Fab) - Matic(Mikel)
-----Willian(Cuadrado) -------------- Hazard(Pedro)
--------------Costa(Remy)---Batshuayi(Traore)

RLC - Oscar - Moses - Kenedy

We badly need anothe top quality CB.
I reckon Zouma will be first choice when he's fit. But I like the look of the side.

I reckon Zouma will be first choice when he's fit. But I like the look of the side.

Yeah, definitely have Zouma first choice once fit but thats still a little while off. I'd also think that the CB we bring in needs to be a certain starter too(Terry and Cahill will be great back ups to have). If we sold Bego and bought in Lopez I'd be happy enough with this.

I'm not too fussed about the FB's. Azpi is great and I think Baba will come on this season and recapture his Bundesliga form. Aina looks quality so far and can on either side and Bran will be depth.

CM looks stocked well as well as the wings.

CF postion ATM looks great, to have two guys like Traore and Remy who are back ups is a pretty big luxury. As long as we don't do anything silly like sell Costa I'll be very happy with this group and there'll be plenty of goals. I hope Abraham gets a good loan at Championship level, he looks the goods.

Just need a manager who'll put it all together and bring back the spirit to the group. I think we have the right man for it.

Mikel keen to extend his 10 year long stay at Chelsea, fight for his place under Conte's scheme and earn a new contract.

I really hope he does. Love him or hate him, he's been a loyal servant to the club and has never complained of his role. With his experience, and essentially part of the old guard now, I think he will be of assistance to Conte as he integrates into the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Salah was sold after an outstanding season with Roma.
Nevertheless I completely trust Conte's judgment, he obviously doesn't think he can cut it in the Premier League.

Papy Djilobodji has been sold to Sunderland after managing to play 1 minute for us :D. It's not all bad though as we have managed to make a profit from him.

Papy Djilobodji has been sold to Sunderland after managing to play 1 minute for us :D. It's not all bad though as we have managed to make a profit from him.
The man, the myth, the legend.

Best of luck Papy.

Yep. I was annoyed its not on BeIn or Chelsea TV.

Surprised we haven't signed any defenders yet. Bit of a worry.
So annoying. What's the point of us having Chelsea TV if we don't actually get Chelsea TV?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back