Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

I love the winning streak, I hope we get back to scoring more goals soon.

Will be interesting to see how we go against Bournemouth without Kante and Costa; whether Conte goes Batshuayi up top or Hazard as a false 9.

This transfer window we should defo sign Virgil Van Dijk (£40 million) I would also sign Marco Veratti (£37 million) and then we are set for the season. Fabregas should be allowed to go, he's Been in great form but he deserves to be playing Week in week out at Roma. Maybe we could swap for Naingonlan but who knows. Verrati is more admired especially by those on Weaintgotnohistory

At the end of the season I'd sign Ricardo Rodriguez for LWB and Antonine Griezmann for RF.

Courtois, Azpilcueta, Van Dijk, Christensen, Luiz, Rodriguez, Kante, Verrati, Hazard, Costa, Griezmann

Unfortunately Willian will have to go imo, same with Cahil

SUBS: Begovic, Alonso, Zouma, Moses, Matic, Pedro, Batshuayi
OTHERS, DEPTH: Musonda, Traore, Kalas, Chalobah (Next in)

This transfer window we should defo sign Virgil Van Dijk (£40 million) I would also sign Marco Veratti (£37 million) and then we are set for the season. Fabregas should be allowed to go, he's Been in great form but he deserves to be playing Week in week out at Roma. Maybe we could swap for Naingonlan but who knows. Verrati is more admired especially by those on Weaintgotnohistory

At the end of the season I'd sign Ricardo Rodriguez for LWB and Antonine Griezmann for RF.

Courtois, Azpilcueta, Van Dijk, Christensen, Luiz, Rodriguez, Kante, Verrati, Hazard, Costa, Griezmann

Hard to see Moses on the bench by the end of the season. :( I think that's too much of a change to our current XI which we can't really fault at the moment.

But I do feel adding quality to team is a must every season. Griezmann would be dreamy. As for CB's, Christensen would almost be a new signing itself plus Zouma would be 100% ready.

Yep, don't think you need to tinker too much with a defence that has concede 2 goals in it's last 11 matches. ;) But at the same time, you can't afford to stand still in this league, and with midweek CL football to add to the equation (not guaranteed at this point, but you would assume/hope) we will need to add depth at the least. At the moment we've got Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, with just a recovering Zouma, Terry, and I guess Ivanovic? to call upon which won't cut it.

Hopefully some of these links to VvD/Sule come to fruition and we go into next season with a group of Azpi, Luiz, VvD/Sule, Cahill, Christensen, Zouma. Plenty of rotation opportunities there.

As for wingbacks, Moses is a lock, but an upgrade for Alonso on the left would be good, not that he hasn't been solid, but he isn't quite there yet. Don't know who fits the bill though. Haven't seen much of Rodriguez so can't comment on him. Alex Sandro would be amazing, but will never happen. And then Alonso ready to be called upon.

But I'm just enjoying watching this team play the way it is under Conte, and not take it for granted ( as we learnt last season). I still can't believe the stark difference between now compared to this time last year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm probably on my own when I say this but I don't think we should recall Christensen just yet. He's too lightweight and he wouldn't break into our first XI so he would essentially just be a squad player. I don't think he would get enough minutes and having him sit on the bench may stall his development. I would give him another two years on loan (preferably to a Premier League club), wait until he fills out and have him replace Luiz when he's ready, as he's been playing in the centre of a back three at Gladbach.

As much as we want to see youngsters in the squad, the reality is their game time is severely limited if they're not in our first XI. If Christensen isn't best XI then I feel he's better off elsewhere.

I think we should go for van Dijk or Koulibaly and next season have Azpillicueta, Luiz, van Dijk/Koulibaly, Cahill and Zouma as our CB options. Other guys that can pinch hit are Chalobah and Ake (if he's recalled) so depth would not be an issue for this position.

Memo to Conte : throw all your plans out, BigFooty has it all worked out ^^^

Might be a bit stupid to ask but what position is Ake playing with Bournemouth, I haven't watched them at all this season. I know he played LB at Watford, has he gone back to CB or is he in the Mid now? Been getting quite a few through the net.
He's been playing as a CB. Harry Arter recently commented on him:

"Nathan deserves all the plaudits he's getting at the moment and I've no doubt that next year he'll go back to Chelsea and play in their side. I personally feel he's more than good enough, especially with the system they're playing now and it's a credit to him because he's worked really hard, even when he wasn't in the team, and he deserves all the praise he's getting."

With Pedro and Willian being a bit underwhelming of late and Cesc looking very sharp, I would like us to line up like this against Bournemouth...

----------------Courtois

-----Azpi--------Luiz-------Cahill

Moses-----Matic-----Chalobah---Alonso

----------------Fabregas

-----Batshuayi----------Hazard

Merry Christmas to all the Blue animals in here. Hope your day is as good as our season has been to date
Merry Christmas Flameboy and merry Christmas to you all!
See you bright and early Tuesday morning!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back