Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Baker defend ? I actually think that a defensively sound and offensively creative midfielder would push Matic out of the eleven. If someone like Fabregas had a defensive side to his game, he'd probably be the first one picked every week.
From my understanding, he's very attacking so I don't think he could play in a two-man midfield in Conte's system. Those midfielders who can tackle, intercept, defend, etc. as well as be creative going forward are very hard to find. As chef mentioned Nainggolan and Vidal are prime examples, as well as someone like Verratti and they're the exact player we need to put in there next to Kante. Highly doubt we'll get any of them though. I think we need to look at someone like Kessie, Bakayoko or Dahoud.

For me I'd sign

Griezmann
Sandro
De Sciglio

For me we can't sign more player as it will upset team chemistry and we have AC back from loan
For Central Midfield, Matic for the hard games, Cesc for the easy and Chalo to develop. Send RLC on loan to Monchengladbach to gain experience. Also I heard rumours about Turan to Chelsea where would he play. Wouldn't fancy him at RF because I want a world class player there, CM he's too attacking. What about Right Wing Back can he play there. Anyway

Hazard Costa Griezmann

Sandro Matic Kante De Sciglio

AC/Zouma Luiz Azpi

Courtois
Griezmann ain't coming Danger

Loving Pedro's season just quietly.
Him and Fabregas last night were

03e4321321dd6bd2b77c17ebd26d5296.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 340363

Next season I dream of:

---------Courtois

Azpi-------Luiz-----Christensen

Tough luck on Zouma. I think theres a fair chance he may be loaned or sold in the summer as he's too good to be depth and I can't see him being happy(excuse the pun) sitting on the bench. Plus with Ake and Cahill being depth as well.

Imo Zouma naturally takes over from Cahill next year. Him coming back from an ACL, combined with how well the defence is doing has delayed what I consider inevitable. Christensen and Ake are good enough to be called upon when needed and young enough to be patient for their time to arrive.
All in all there is no need for us to be looking at Chiellini,Varane, Manolas or anyone else come summer, we already posses great CB talent.

Imo Zouma naturally takes over from Cahill next year. Him coming back from an ACL, combined with how well the defence is doing has delayed what I consider inevitable. Christensen and Ake are good enough to be called upon when needed and young enough to be patient for their time to arrive.
All in all there is no need for us to be looking at Chiellini,Varane, Manolas or anyone else come summer, we already posses great CB talent.
Theres no point recalling Christensen if he doesnt play. He'll be out the door by January if he doesnt.

I guess the question is who is better, Zouma or AC?

And can Zouma and Azpi both play in the same back 3 as they both arent ball playing CBs.

Last edited:
Theres no point recalling Christensen if he doesnt play. He'll be out the door by January if he doesnt.

I guess the question is who is better, Zouma or AC?

And can Zouma and Azpi both play in the same back 3 as they both arent ball playing CBs.
It's up to AC to prove his worth and break into the side, I have no issue with anyone making way for someone better. But there is no way he get's recalled with a guarantee that he'll be a starter, he hasn't earned that. From everything I have seen and read, AC is a better distributor whilst Zouma at his fittest is a defensive beast. Imo Zouma's athletic ability for a man that size is incredibly rare, I strongly believe he can become world class.

It's up to AC to prove his worth and break into the side, I have no issue with anyone making way for someone better. But there is no way he get's recalled with a guarantee that he'll be a starter, he hasn't earned that. From everything I have seen and read, AC is a better distributor whilst Zouma at his fittest is a defensive beast. Imo Zouma's athletic ability for a man that size is incredibly rare, I strongly believe he can become world class.

I think AC has shown more than Zouma myself and has looked the part at UCL level. While Zouma is great defensively im not sure a CB can be world class with being ball playing.

AC seems like a perfect Cahill replacement and will compliment Luiz well.

I think AC has shown more than Zouma myself and has looked the part at UCL level. While Zouma is great defensively im not sure a CB can be world class with being ball playing.

AC seems like a perfect Cahill replacement and will compliment Luiz well.
A great dilemma to have or should I say trilemma as Ake is coming along nicely :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back