Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Giroud gets a chance to start too.
Giroud was decent the other night, though I don't think he can handle a pressing game for 90 minutes.

I still refer back to his abysmal performance against West Ham two months. He will be off in the summer but at least he's a good depth player.

Important win that. Everyone in the starting XI played their part well:

- Liked big Willy's no nonsense approach to his keeping. Dealt with everything appropriately which I think helped settle the defence.
- Christensen has had an excellent few games and sweeps the backline very nicely
- Alonso was great going forward but was still caught napping and out of position a few times in defence
- I see value in Barkley in that he's been our only CM who can be an attacking threat. I expect this role to be replaced by RLC when he's ready thought
- Mount had his best game for a while. His forward pressing is noticeably lacking when he's absent from the team
- Criminal that Giroud hasn't had more minutes.

I was half asleep at the end of the game, but did I see correctly that Jose through the toys out of the cot and didn't even have the decency to shake Frank's hand as he approached him at the conclusion of the game and walked straight up the tunnel?

I was half asleep at the end of the game, but did I see correctly that Jose through the toys out of the cot and didn't even have the decency to shake Frank's hand as he approached him at the conclusion of the game and walked straight up the tunnel?
Yeah, didn't see a handshake either

Interesting read:

On Kepa; I've personally never understood why he was so highly rated or why we paid as much as we did for him.

As for our squad, so many issues, I don't even know where I'd start, but its evident that we need a massive clean out.

On Kepa; I've personally never understood why he was so highly rated or why we paid as much as we did for him.
We were desperate, Real were sniffing around him, he had a high buyout.
About all there is to it.

I'll be disappointed if Jorginho goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean we had about two weeks to sign a goalkeeper...
Surely we knew in March when TC wouldnt extend. We just got strung along.

Lollicon(our GK coach) didnt want Kepa, didnt rate him and wanted Areola. End up costing him his job but we should have listened.

Geez our fans can be so reactionary and negative on twitter. The hate on there towards Frank and our players is toxic. Thinking of giving it a break for a while.
It's un*******believable.

I would've been thrilled if you said at the start of the season that we'd be fighting for 4th.

It's un*******believable.

I would've been thrilled if you said at the start of the season that we'd be fighting for 4th.
It's worst case scenario injury wise too
Screen Shot 2020-03-01 at 11.22.52 pm.png

This guy is in his 2nd season of management. What he's doing is incredible. All the so called "fans" can simply shut up. Frank Lampard's first season has been a massive success so far, way above expectations with what his experience was and what he's got at his disposal injury wise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back