Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to really like the idea of getting Declan Rice, can play both DM and CB and more importantly is a real leader out on the field. Something apart from Azpi we dont really have.

How the fu** are we going to move Kepa on the wages hes on. Its looking like a disastrous transfer.
I like him too and probably my top defensive target. Although with the hammers likely to stay up it may not be so easy getting him.

I've been a Kepa supporter but getting harder to back him up. Saw this which is interesting but I know nothing about him:

Worst performance of the season, defensively a mess and we had no answers up front. All well and good to have an exciting attack next season but we won't be winning any silverware with the current state of our defence. Need a LB (Tagliafico?), CB (Rice?) and, possibly, an upgrade on Kepa (Cakir? Don't know much about him, Onana doing some rounds too).

English clubs really know how not to take advantage of slip ups. If we get bailed out again after conceding 50 plus goals with losses in the double figures as well, I’ll have no idea what’s going on. Hope CAS can make our lives easier tonight 🤞🏼

Man City’s UCL ban overturned.

Too 4 is a must now; wont be easy though with an away game at Liverpool as one of our final three games.
We’re in a bit of trouble now 5th is no longer an option. Need to get wins against Norwich and Wolves plus possibly a result at Liverpool. Only hope is beating Leicester (Man U will piss it in with their draw) so hopefully they continue their s**t form and lose their next 2 against Sheffield and Spurs to guarantee us a spot.

Leicester's got a tough run home with Sheffield United, Tottenham and Manchester United to finish off the season.

I think United will get 3rd, and 4th comes down to us and Leicester. If you told me we'd finish top 4 at the start of the season, I would have taken that everyday of the week.

We must beat Norwich on Wednesday morning.

English clubs really know how not to take advantage of slip ups. If we get bailed out again after conceding 50 plus goals with losses in the double figures as well, I’ll have no idea what’s going on.
United slip up this time.

It seems no one wants 3rd or 4th.

Beating Norwich is a must now (even though it always was if you know what I mean).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea to offload Kepa for Atletico Madrid's Oblak
Chelsea have regularly been linked with several goalkeepers but the Mirror is saying that the Blues are making Atletico Madrid stopper Jan Oblak their top target. The Slovenian stopper has a £120 million release clause in his contract that runs through 2023, so Chelsea are looking to offload current No. 1 Kepa Arrizabalaga as part of the deal to offset some of the cost.

Kepa, 25, became the world's most expensive goalkeeper when he made the switch from Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea for £71.6m in 2018, but has since struggled to justify his substantial price-tag. Chelsea have also been linked to Dean Henderson (on loan at Sheffield United from Manchester United) and Andre Onana of Ajax Amsterdam.

This comes with the London club having already brought in Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, while also chasing Leicester City defender Ben Chilwell and Bayer Leverkusen winger Kai Havertz.

Pretty uninspiring, but good just to bank the 3 points.

I reckon one more win (either away at Liverpool or home to Wolves) should guarantee us a top 4 spot and a place in the UCL, which would be a great achievement for Frank given how youthful our squad has been this season.

Pretty uninspiring, but good just to bank the 3 points.

I reckon one more win (either away at Liverpool or home to Wolves) should guarantee us a top 4 spot and a place in the UCL, which would be a great achievement for Frank given how youthful our squad has been this season.

Doesn't matter how we did it, we just needed to grind out a win in any circumstance.

Hoping that both Leicester and United falter again.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how we did it, we just needed to grind out a win in any circumstance.

Hoping that both Leicester and United falter again.
Leicester have a very tough run home which gives me some hope we can cling to 4th. United should really take care of Palace who are in a slump and West Ham at home.

I'll preface this by saying this video isn't Chelsea related, but as football lovers, how can you not love this interview with Adebayo Akinfenwa; built like a freight train, but a pretty handy footballer and all round good guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back