Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd grab Ake, he is quality.

Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea eye Ake
Manchester City are close to agreeing a £35 million deal with AFC Bournemouth that would see 25-year-old centre-back Nathan Ake move to the Etihad, according to the Guardian.

The Chelsea academy graduate has also been linked with a return to his former club, as well as Manchester United. Bournemouth are on the verge of relegation with one match left in the Premier League season, but Netherlands international Ake has been one of the bright spots for the Cherries.

Ake joined Bournemouth in 2018 for a reported £20m fee. Pep Guardiola has been keen on upgrading City's backline, with John Stones pegged as an odd man out.

Not sure you can blame Ake for not wanting to come back to Chelsea.

I dunno if any of you listen to the Guardian Football podcast but holy s**t Frank must have done something awful to Jonathan Wilson in the past. He's so negative about Lampard. Refuses to acknowledge that this has been a good season because we have defensive issues.

Yeah no s**t and yet despite that and losing a club legend who literally got points for us off his own efforts in prior seasons and not being able to make any signings to replace him, we are into the FA Cup final, made the round of 16 of Champions League and are a good chance of finishing top 4.

All things considered we have well exceeded expectations, but you can hear him straining when he gives any praise.

I dunno if any of you listen to the Guardian Football podcast but holy sh*t Frank must have done something awful to Jonathan Wilson in the past. He's so negative about Lampard. Refuses to acknowledge that this has been a good season because we have defensive issues.
I was listening to that yesterday morning and shaking my head the whole time he talked about frank. He spent a solid 10 seconds talking about our attack, talked about none of our achievements and then talked about our shaky defence. Normally they're pretty positive or at the very least fair when they talk about Chelsea when it's Max and Barry + guests/other contributors but yeah Jonathan Wilson certainly broke that trend. Will be interesting to see his reaction if/when we finish top four, win the F.A. cup final and put 7 past Bayern to stun them in the second leg!

I was listening to that yesterday morning and shaking my head the whole time he talked about frank. He spent a solid 10 seconds talking about our attack, talked about none of our achievements and then talked about our shaky defence. Normally they're pretty positive or at the very least fair when they talk about Chelsea when it's Max and Barry + guests/other contributors but yeah Jonathan Wilson certainly broke that trend. Will be interesting to see his reaction if/when we finish top four, win the F.A. cup final and put 7 past Bayern to stun them in the second leg!
It's annoying because it's normally a very good podcast but he's just so negative about Chelsea and Lampard.

Scenarios:

66 points (1 win, 0 draws, 1 loss)
  • Need to defeat one of Liverpool or Wolves.
  • The only way we miss top 4 in this scenario is if both Leicester City and Manchester United remain unbeaten (1 win and 1 draw each). Both sides must achieve this.
  • If either Leicester City or Manchester United lose a match or are unable to win at least one match each, then we finish top 4.
64 points (0 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss)
  • In this scenario, it's possible we lose to Liverpool and draw to Wolves.
  • One of Leicester or Man United needs to lose at least one match, and only draw in the other match for us to finish top 4.
  • For example, if Leicester lose to Tottenham, but draw or lose to Man United on the final day, then we will qualify for a top 4 spot.
  • If Leicester and Man United both get two points or more of a possible six in their final two games, then we will miss out on top 4.
63 points (0 wins, 0 draws, 2 losses)
  • Doomsday scenario.
  • Lose to both Liverpool and Wolves.
  • In order to finish top 4, Leicester or United need to lose both of their matches (e.g. Leicester lose to both Spurs and United) to remain on 62 points.
  • If both Leicester and United both gain a minimum of a point in their final two games, we miss out on top 4.
  • Based on for, Leicester is more likely out of the two teams to lose both matches.

Thanks to PonsfordMagpie, we're down to these three options with this morning's loss to Liverpool.

Simply, we just need to win at home to Wolves to clinch a UCL berth and keep it in our own hands.

We lose to Wolves and Leicester win, we're out, Leicester lose to Man Utd, we're in even if we lose to Wolves.

We draw to Wolves, just pray that Leicester do not win and we're in, a Leicester draw or loss and we're in.

Thanks to PonsfordMagpie, we're down to these three options with this morning's loss to Liverpool.

Simply, we just need to win at home to Wolves to clinch a UCL berth and keep it in our own hands.

We lose to Wolves and Leicester win, we're out, Leicester lose to Man Utd, we're in even if we lose to Wolves.

We draw to Wolves, just pray that Leicester do not win and we're in, a Leicester draw or loss and we're in.
If we draw with Wolves we're in regardless of what Leicester do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had enough of Kepa. He needs to be replaced in the off-season.

How to finish top 4:
  • If we beat Wolves, the result of the Leicester and United match is irrelevant.
  • If we draw to Wolves, the result of the Leicester and United match is irrelevant.
  • If we lose to Wolves, United need to beat Leicester otherwise we'll miss top 4.

For all of our fantastic signings, I really hope some quality defensive options are brought in and another goalkeeper.

Pulisic is just next level though.

Top 4 secured! :cool:

A successful season for Frank.
  • Lost Eden Hazard
  • Played the youth
  • Transfer ban
  • Top 4 finish
  • Last 16 of the Champions League
  • FA Cup final, with hopefully a victory to come.
Well done to the great man. Lots of positives, and plenty of improvement ahead of us.

Winning the FA Cup would be the icing on the cake.

Frank has exceeded expectations this season. Secured top four, developed Mount into a very good player, got some valuable experience into guys like Tomori, Abraham, James, etc. and now has us in the FA Cup Final, all on the back of no signings. Also took a couple of big scalps in City and Liverpool along the way.

🔵🔵🔵

1. (Oblak)
2. Azpil
3. (Chilwell/tag/telles/grimaldo)
4. (DenisZ)
5. (KKoul)
6. Kante
7. Cho
8.( Havertz)
9. (Werner)
10. (Zyiech)
11. Usa

I didn't even realise we were interested until I stumbled across this headline:

He has been on telly a bit looks quality. Quick feet. Creative.

Surprised to learn he's a winger seems to be usual central

If the win promotion maybe they keep him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back