Chelsea FC - Pride of London

Remove this Banner Ad

I've thought a few times throughout this season that there is no reason that if Mason Mount continues his trajectory over the next 5-10 years that there really is no reason that he'll be held in the same breath as Frank was throughout his career.

I think chef said in the matchday thread that he is the heartbeat of the club and I think it is the perfect analogy.

What a win! I love beating Liverpool, especially at Anfield the year after they've won the title...

Was it just me, but was Werner absolutely robbed. I rewound it a few times, and it looks like his fingers are slightly offside. Very very very harsh, and IMO they should be allowing goals like that to stand. Ziyech is clearly offside but he doesn't impact the play at all. Poor Werner I feel for him, if he scored in this game it's a big thing for him. Bloody VAR.

I've thought a few times throughout this season that there is no reason that if Mason Mount continues his trajectory over the next 5-10 years that there really is no reason that he'll be held in the same breath as Frank was throughout his career.

I think chef said in the matchday thread that he is the heartbeat of the club and I think it is the perfect analogy.
I'm still baffled by all the hate Mount was getting from our fanbase earlier in the season (not on here but Twitter mainly). Always gives 100%, makes things happen, and bleeds for the club.

He makes us tick. Love that the players call him Mr Chelsea

I’m thrilled we have a home grown player that has the potential to captain the club again. The more he develops, the more he is filling the mould of a Frank v2.

Was it just me, but was Werner absolutely robbed. I rewound it a few times, and it looks like his fingers are slightly offside. Very very very harsh, and IMO they should be allowing goals like that to stand. Ziyech is clearly offside but he doesn't impact the play at all. Poor Werner I feel for him, if he scored in this game it's a big thing for him. Bloody VAR.
Ridiculous nitpicking offsides that VAR has become.

I reckon had Werner for whatever reason scored or controlled with the upper part of his arm which is playing him offside, it wouldn't count.

Another good win and really enjoying how comfortable we look in games now:

- Fantastic game from Havertz
- Saw a stat on Twitter which I wished I'd saved showing a significant difference in our win ratio with and without Jorginho starting this season. I was a critic of him under Lampard but has proven to be a pivotal player under the Tuchel strategy
- Good to see Zouma back. Harsh to Rudiger but Happy is an upgrade
- Timo is doing everything right but finding the back of the net. He's rushing all his chances which all stems from a lack of confidence in front of goals right now. Really hope he get a couple of settlers real soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the game but heard it was a very good performance? Amazing what Tuchel has done so far. Five clean sheets in his first five home games. The only manager to ever achieve that.

Surely not, particularly after a very solid 2019/2020 season:

Would be a big mistake letting him go. Has Salah/de Bruyne written all over it.

Ziyech is the one who needs to be moved on.

TBH when Pulisic hasnt been injured (which is half his time with us) hes been pretty disappointing, he doesnt deserve to start and just needs to bide his time and take the opportunity when it comes. Same goes for Zyiech.

I doubt we'll look to move either on as we want a deep squad to chase 4 trophies next season.

We'll chase a number 9 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back