FTA-TV Chernobyl

Remove this Banner Ad

Have seen/read a lot about Chernobyl and find it fascinating, but am having trouble getting past the British accents.

Finished episode 1 and it was good without being awesome IMO, but it sounds like it gets better as it progresses.

Definitely does. I was like you but episode 3 is a ripper and I am convinced.
I will be dedicating a weekend night with the missus and a bottle of vodka to rewatch the whole series when its done.

Just finished episode 4.

It’s incredible how many people sacrificed their lives to clean up the disaster. And to think what might have become of Europe if they didn’t do those heroic actions.

Has anyone else jumped on google street view in Chernobyl and wandered around? Morbid curious got the better of me. The theme park isn’t even the most haunting imagery. Some streets look like they are in a forest until you look closer and notice the houses completely overgrown behind.

Just finished episode 4.

It’s incredible how many people sacrificed their lives to clean up the disaster. And to think what might have become of Europe if they didn’t do those heroic actions.

Has anyone else jumped on google street view in Chernobyl and wandered around? Morbid curious got the better of me. The theme park isn’t even the most haunting imagery. Some streets look like they are in a forest until you look closer and notice the houses completely overgrown behind.
Interestingly apparently the fauna is more diverse than ever before. It's mad what happens to land when Man isn't involved Vs when 'He' is.

Makes you think that human beings are an accident of nature, a disease. No other life form that we are aware of, destroys like we do. Accident or intentional.

Brilliant series.

Yeh, had several looks. Very eerie.

Those miners!! Just unbelievable!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i havent watched it yet because of that
There's nothing in this mini series that's fun and cuddly, it's about one of the greatest man-made disasters ever, and the horrible things that happened as a result. But it's compelling to watch.

Jesus just watched Ep 4.

What is it with that Barry Keoghan (Love/Hate) kid and shooting animals?

😩

Nice Avy
What a show Love/Hate was. I feel like a rewatch.

The scene with the old lady milking the cow at the start. Powerful dialogue.
Those poor buggers to go from war in Afghanistan to that job.
Then the 90 second roof mission. Great great show. It's like a great compensation for that final season of GOT.

Nice Avy
What a show Love/Hate was. I feel like a rewatch.

The scene with the old lady milking the cow at the start. Powerful dialogue.
Those poor buggers to go from war in Afghanistan to that job.
Then the 90 second roof mission. Great great show. It's like a great compensation for that final season of GOT.

Yeah Chernobyl is an unexpected little gem.

And yep long live the king

Last edited:
We rewatched the first 4 eps this weekend and one thing I noticed was in ep 1, just before the Prof hangs himself, there's a white hankie with blood on it on a table. Two years after Chernobyl and the Prof has cancer by the looks of it.

This is some of the most harrowing television I have ever seen. Makes your stomach churn the whole way through.

Brilliantly acted too.

It’s incredible to believe that this actually happened and how even worse things could have easily been.

There was a ep on BBC Horizon show in the 90s about it and they showed footage of those soldiers running around on the roof with shovels. Hard to believe it actually happened.

Show also showed the effects on neighbouring south Belarus where there was a massive spike in rare thyroid cancers in children.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back