Chess Chess - BigFooty chess club Tournaments on Chess.com (PRIZES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate, you kept giving pieces away!

I don't play against fianchetto bishops often. At least that game gave me a fantastic education as to what not to do next time :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone seen a 'brilliant' move given by the chess.com computer? Would love to see one. Anti Septic played a rip-snorter in our current match at move 19. I will be interested to see what the computer thinks of it, but I clapped.
Yes.

This one as an example.

1590366363940.png

Chipmunk Just an update, im up to 5th now on the ladder and the two in progress games I won.

Happy to play anyone above or below me?

If I’m in range I’m happy to try my hand again.

att'n Chipmunk

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be on the ladder. I have two games listed as current, against BJChan and Cursing Fijian, but I lost them both a couple of days ago. Anyone think they might be in range and available??? Above or below.

I beat a couple of randoms, so emboldened I'm on the comeback trail.

att'n Chipmunk

I'm not sure where I'm supposed to be on the ladder. I have two games listed as current, against BJChan and Cursing Fijian, but I lost them both a couple of days ago. Anyone think they might be in range and available??? Above or below.

I beat a couple of randoms, so emboldened I'm on the comeback trail.

Thanks - the CursingFijian game puts him above you so that puts you #10.

Does any one have a specific opening or tactic that they wanted to discuss?

I'm quite interested in the Closed Sicilian and Ruy Lopez openings. Basic I know!

Another of interest (for more fun!) is this crazy opening - the Cochrane Gambit. Basically as white you sacrifice your knight to collect a couple of pawns and to bring out the black king into a dangerous position. It's far from a classic opening but can shock people a little:

Does any one have a specific opening or tactic that they wanted to discuss?

I'm quite interested in the Closed Sicilian and Ruy Lopez openings. Basic I know!

Another of interest (for more fun!) is this crazy opening - the Cochrane Gambit. Basically as white you sacrifice your knight to collect a couple of pawns and to bring out the black king into a dangerous position. It's far from a classic opening but can shock people a little:

You can still get in a somewhat castled position from there though, not sure it's worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back