Chess Chess - BigFooty chess club Tournaments on Chess.com (PRIZES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2011
Child of Ghaia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Th3 DoG FaTh3R timed out Chipmunk after a hard fought game.
After a long stint on the grind and crashing hard right after it was frustrating to wake up to see that this game had timed out.
For the record, my next move would have been..
41. b8=Q+ Bxb8
42. Qxe4
My instincts tell me this would have ended in a draw anyways but I would’ve liked to see how the final sequence would have played out. Congrats to the top three.
7AB03DE3-5592-419A-AF3F-35500F598E2A.png
7AB03DE3-5592-419A-AF3F-35500F598E2A.png

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
NEW LADDER

Congratulations to everyone who took part in a great competition, especially the medal winners, but I think everyone got something out of it, and there were a few personal (but friendly) rivalries that built up, which was good.

Hopefully we will have the new ladder up and running shortly.

All active members of the old ladder* will be members of the new one automatically so if you do not wish to participate this time around please let me know and I can remove you.

Likewise if you wish to join in.

The format will be basically the same as before. Any suggestions as to amendments will be gratefully received.

*active = played a game after 1st June

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
NEW LADDER continued.

The following members are currently qualified for the new ladder competition.

1595463952717.png

If you think you should be on the list or you want to join for the first time just say and I will add you.

If you wish to be removed from the list you can be terminated!

Once we know who will be participating I'll randomise the list and start a new thread for the new ladder.

NEW LADDER continued.

The following members are currently qualified for the new ladder competition.

View attachment 917519

If you think you should be on the list or you want to join for the first time just say and I will add you.

If you wish to be removed from the list you can be terminated!

Once we know who will be participating I'll randomise the list and start a new thread for the new ladder.

Happy to go around again but just noting my chess.com username is now Schulzenfest to match my BF username.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
NEW LADDER COMPETITION UP AND RUNNING

New thread for rules, ladder, challenges, results etc.

Click Link Below

NEW LADDER COMPETITION
You went on holiday during our game, you had 3 days to move and paused it for months, how is that fair, you should have forfeited, ridiculous!👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
You went on holiday during our game, you had 3 days to move and paused it for months, how is that fair, you should have forfeited, ridiculous!👍

I'm sorry, unfortunately I was suddenly snatched away and was unable to access chess.com. I did apologise on the ladder thread on this forum and say I was resigning the game. It seems you missed the relevant post, perhaps I addressed it incorrectly - I was under some stress at the time.

I did not deliberately pause the game, I don't know how that happened. I presumed that I would have just been timed out and you would get the massage.

Anyway, please accept my apologies.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
I'm sorry, unfortunately I was suddenly snatched away and was unable to access chess.com. I did apologise on the ladder thread on this forum and say I was resigning the game. It seems you missed the relevant post, perhaps I addressed it incorrectly - I was under some stress at the time.

I did not deliberately pause the game, I don't know how that happened. I presumed that I would have just been timed out and you would get the massage.

Anyway, please accept my apologies.
I’m sorry mate, I like to jump at shadows and should have seen what could have unmitigated circumstances for your pausing of the game.
It was setup to be a good one too!
When you have the time, I’d love to go into battle again!
And again? I apologise for not swing your post, I hope everything is ok at your end!👍

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
I’m sorry mate, I like to jump at shadows and should have seen what could have unmitigated circumstances for your pausing of the game.
It was setup to be a good one too!
When you have the time, I’d love to go into battle again!
And again? I apologise for not swing your post, I hope everything is ok at your end!👍

I'll start a new game then, I'm feeling fit and ready to go.

1600329941554.png

BIGFOOTY 10 MINUTE+10 SECONDS CHESS TOURNAMENT

SATURDAY 26 SEPTEMBER

5PM-7PM AEST, 4 ROUNDS

FREE ENTRY

1600987723181.png

BIGFOOTY 10 MINUTE+10 SECONDS CHESS TOURNAMENT

SATURDAY 26 SEPTEMBER, 5PM-7PM AEST

CLICK LINK, THEN "JOIN" FROM 4PM

4 ROUNDS, FREE ENTRY

1601147094510.png

We have been challenged by The Commonwealth chess club, for a match starting on 1 October. Join the BigFooty team on:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back