Chess Chess - BigFooty chess club Tournaments on Chess.com (PRIZES!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Schulzenfest is currently doing this to me

tenor.gif

Just to say have a wonderful festive period, for you and your family.

We have a club with over 100 members and no doubt if you want a game, feel free to post and someone will be interested!

I‘ll look to organise our next club match in January 2021.

Enjoy!

Apr 15, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
England
Just to say have a wonderful festive period, for you and your family.

We have a club with over 100 members and no doubt if you want a game, feel free to post and someone will be interested!

I‘ll look to organise our next club match in January 2021.

Enjoy!

Hope you had a great Christmas too.

I'm always up for a game if anyone is interested.

Hope you all had a great New Year.

I got referred to the following link where you can get an estimate of your chess strength. I'll give it a go this week!

Let's get it on.

New tourney please.

Hey, sorry for the late reply!

What's your chess.com username? Let's have a game.

I'm trying to arrange another club match (we are currently unbeaten) which will tide us over nicely til the Chess AFL coinciding with the regular season. I will share details when that is arranged.

We have another club match! This time we're playing Orbis Centre Club. Sign up before 20 February:

We've got significantly more players than the opposition playing in the match, so I'm planning to close our team at the end of the weekend to allow the opposition to catch up. So get in this weekend if you haven't done so!

Last edited:
Okay, so at the end of this weekend we have 16 players and they have 7. I have encouraged the opposition captain to get to 10+ at least.

The match starts this weekend so what I'll do is suggest some matchups from the players who don't get a game so there are some club matches.

Have a good week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1614908680855.png

We have a new club match - signups close 31 August!

Hi everyone,

I've put a thread up to discuss the World Chess Championship, with a poll on who you think will win. Feel free to get involved!

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new year for BigFooty Chess club! Hope you all enjoyed the Christmas break.

We'll be keeping our usual events this year. I'll try and get us a club match going before the footy season starts, and then it's our big competition; the Chess AFL. Will the West Coast Eagles defend their title, or will it be the previous winners the Western Bulldogs? Or an entirely new team? Watch out for signups opening at the start of March.

We had a very successful year last year with a Novices tournament, remaining undefeated in club matches and our membership has grown to 114 members. If you ever just want a game, some chess tips or just to talk chess, just say on the thread and someone will be happy to chip in.

The Chess Olympiad is happening at the end of July/beginning of August. Will Australia improve on their performance 4 years ago (35th men, 44th women)? We'll be tracking how they get on.

Chief has been kind enough to offer a Chief's Award (with a real, shiny trophy) for the progress of the club last year. We have decided to award it to pickler_mz for his great work as an active member of the club, setting up the Novice tournament and helped arrange a match between BigFooty and one of his other clubs. Congratulations and thanks for everything!

Otherwise, hope you have a successful season!

Last edited by a moderator:

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
I must say i've had a fun year last year.

Congrats to Pickler_mz too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back