Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Shorter games where all games are played in one day/evening

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Ladder, where you can challenge people above you to move up the ladder

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crap, what's the format??

ENTRY DETAILS FOR BIGFOOTY INAUGURAL TOURNAMENT (SATURDAY, 5PM)

I have set up the tournament, to start on Saturday. Entry details are as below:

1) Click on the link: https://www.chess.com/live#t=1172445 from one hour before the tournament (4pm Saturday). This is what I see when I click it now:

View attachment 849577

From 4pm on Saturday, there will be a button on the bottom right saying "Join". Press that to enter the tournament. At 5pm exactly, your first game will start and entries will close.

2) As you can see, each game has 10mins per player, so a total of 20 minutes a game.
3) However your next game will start 5 seconds after the end of when everyone has finished their previous game. So watch out - the next game will not start at 5.20pm, but at some point before 5.20pm. So I anticipate the four games to finish well before 6.30pm.
4) You can see on the interface who is playing who and various other tournament stats.

It's my first tournament on this format so bear with everyone as we work out how the system works.

This tournament is open to all members of the club, including those who join this week. So if you know fellow BF posters, encourage them to join. It should be fun!

- 4 games
- 10 minutes per player per game (so a game will last maximum 20 minutes)

More details in quote above.

- 4 games
- 10 minutes per player per game (so a game will last maximum 20 minutes)

More details in quote above.

Though I still don’t have you in the club deaneus

The turnaround in the LiquidCrow Anti Septic game was insane 😲

1585984802119.png

1585984761085.png

INAUGURAL BIGFOOTY CHESS TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Firstly, thanks to everyone for playing. 15 competitors and seemed like a lot of good games from the ones I watched.

Congratulations to:
1st - LiquidCrow
2nd - Rustin Cohle
3rd - Triple E

Well done!

I left the chat at the end of the tournament (frustration at coming 4th clearly :) ) but any feedback would be appreciated. Conscious that we didn’t have the big Crow v Cohle decider but think it was a good number of rounds.

We shall run these on the first Saturday of every month.

The big prize tournament, which will be a longer ladder format, will be released later.

Have a great rest of weekend and hope you enjoyed it!

FINAL TABLE

EC137307-8F99-4816-9F6A-0CD75CBC451E.jpeg

Yep i got towelled up by liquid crow

Haha we all did...and Triple E (who only got 3 as they missed the first round) and Rustin Cohle

Is it too late to join? Sorry I forgot to sign up but am interested!

Well get you next month. Longer tournament launching later today!

Cheers, that was fun. Somehow survived game 3 and benefited from Chipmunk's connectivity issues in the last.

Nah...not sure id have played any better even with the extra time. Well deserved.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
INAUGURAL BIGFOOTY CHESS TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Firstly, thanks to everyone for playing. 15 competitors and seemed like a lot of good games from the ones I watched.

Congratulations to:
1st - LiquidCrow
2nd - Rustin Cohle
3rd - Triple E

Well done!

I left the chat at the end of the tournament (frustration at coming 4th clearly :) ) but any feedback would be appreciated. Conscious that we didn’t have the big Crow v Cohle decider but think it was a good number of rounds.

We shall run these on the first Saturday of every month.

The big prize tournament, which will be a longer ladder format, will be released later.

Have a great rest of weekend and hope you enjoyed it!

FINAL TABLE

View attachment 852308
I can't see my name on that table.

I don't think I did. I played my 4 games though. Won one and drew three.

Good stuff, glad you got a few games in! You’ll be strong in the next one.

Back