• Longer games where you play all games over a week or longer

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Shorter games where all games are played in one day/evening

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Ladder, where you can challenge people above you to move up the ladder

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry didn't get a chance to log in today, hope it went well.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

No problem, next tournament launches soon!

Was good fun! I missed the first game because I wasn't on the tournament page (was on the chess.com homepage and thought it would notify me), but enjoyed the experience! Can't wait for the next one

You're going to be dangerous in these tournaments I can tell.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Was good fun! I missed the first game because I wasn't on the tournament page (was on the chess.com homepage and thought it would notify me), but enjoyed the experience! Can't wait for the next one
Ah! Maybe that's where I was too. I played 4 games but not in the tournament!

LADDER TOURNAMENT LAUNCH

Hey everyone,

We have launched the ladder tournament! Please find in the following link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...club-tournaments-on-chess-com-prizes.1238522/

I've tried to make it as simple as possible but let me know if you have any questions. Challenges are open now so feel free to challenge someone today!

Tim Evans Beard

Cancelled
East Side Hawks - Sweet F.A. Chess Club Member
Apr 9, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That was an absolute hoot!

I literally haven't played in decades - I'll obviously be touching up my Evans Gambit to make sure my play reflects my username!!

Thanks Chipmunk!

There are some hilarious game types on here.

Can I suggest a weekly mid week tournament during the day of the 1 minute variety :D - can the work from home Championships! Maybe say 2:30pm Sydney time on a Wednesday or something?

2Knights

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I played for several years at RHP (redhotpawn). The standard time control for games was one move per 3 days with a timebank of 7 days - ideal for working out complicated combinations at your leisure. But more and more engine users invaded the site. RHP policy was no-engines-allowed, alas they stopped enforcing it.

There are some hilarious game types on here.

Can I suggest a weekly mid week tournament during the day of the 1 minute variety :D - can the work from home Championships! Maybe say 2:30pm Sydney time on a Wednesday or something?

It’s a great idea, with 1 minute games I’d suggest 5 rounds so it all gets done in 10 minutes. I shall set up and publicise tomorrow night. If we get the numbers then can make a weekly WFH thing. I’m based in the UK so it’s unlikely I’ll enter (though not inconceivable I wake up at that time!).

Last edited:
I played for several years at RHP (redhotpawn). The standard time control for games was one move per 3 days with a timebank of 7 days - ideal for working out complicated combinations at your leisure. But more and more engine users invaded the site. RHP policy was no-engines-allowed, alas they stopped enforcing it.

I share the concern. I am hoping that the fact that it will be exclusively BF users in the club will reduce the risk. I mean which engine user would think to join a club via a primarily Aussie rules forum?

username: ramanpotential

Welcome!

The ladder is on page 1. I would suggest finding someone you know around mid-table for your first game. Otherwise I shall suggest someone.

Welcome!

The ladder is on page 1. I would suggest finding someone you know around mid-table for your first game. Otherwise I shall suggest someone.

Oh wait, I stand corrected. We're potentially getting a couple more new members so I'll hold off then pair you all up together.

We have lots of fun tournaments, which we'll let you know about as and when they come. And they're all free!

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Chipmunk you considered using an Elo rating rather than a ladder system?

Chipmunk you considered using an Elo rating rather than a ladder system?

It's a good idea, I imagined that we wouldn't get the volume of games for it (certainly initially) to be a reasonable reflection. Might be something to consider post-June, what do you think? Can calculate starting ratings based on the games played up to that point.

Back