Chf

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Who will be our next CHF out off the current crop off new talls.

Williams
Roughead
Bouman
Cordy
Grant
Everitt
Shaw.

My choice at this stage is Roughead. Looks a likely type to play in the hardest spot on the ground which only got harder with the new rolling defence tactics.

I picked Grant but could easily have said Cordy. These two guys should solve our key forward problems for the next 10-15 years(if they develop) which is exciting.

I picked Grant but could easily have said Cordy. These two guys should solve our key forward problems for the next 10-15 years(if they develop) which is exciting.

Grant looks like a slightly taller version off Murphy to me. Will be good lead up forward. If he gets big enough may be a fevola type. Was a toss up between Cordy and Roughead for me. Cordy I think will end up a super Ruckmen who can do some special things.

unfortunantly he will never be the fevola type... he wont be able to get big enough, plus his strengths seem to be his positioning, agility and ability to find space. Fev is a powerful straight line player, doesnt really out body or out position his player one on one very often

Grant looks like a slightly taller version off Murphy to me. Will be good lead up forward. If he gets big enough may be a fevola type. Was a toss up between Cordy and Roughead for me. Cordy I think will end up a super Ruckmen who can do some special things.

The only thig stopping Murphy from being a great CHF is his height, so hopefuly Grant can play this role being taller.
Cordy with his height, agility and speed is going to be a nightmare to defend(like buddy is, not saying he's that good(yet)) when he puts on a bit of weight.
Westhoff was'nt much heavier when he held down a key position in a grand final side in 2007 so Cordy could only be one more preseason away for having an impact and you could say the same thing about Grant.

Its an interesting topic.

The days of set positions are gone. Wheras once it used to be FF and CHF, now it is tall forwards and small forwards.

IMO, the forward set up we will have, will be 2 tall type forwards with some talented small forwards. Then there will be Cordy playing forward for a part of the game ala the role by Brad Ottens.

One of our tall forwards will definately be Jarrad Grant. To be honest, have no clue as to the other one. I guess we will have to wait and see how much Boumann develops as well as seeing whether Roughhead is more suited in the ruck or in the forward line.

I also hope that some of the smaller players on our list, can develop into creative small forwards as that is one area we may need to bolster in future years.

unfortunantly he will never be the fevola type... he wont be able to get big enough, plus his strengths seem to be his positioning, agility and ability to find space. Fev is a powerful straight line player, doesnt really out body or out position his player one on one very often

We are'nt going to win a flag with a one dimensional forward line, we need options. Fevola is good when it's going his way, once this changes he is useless as he can only play one position aswell as his sooking and negetive body language impacting on his teammates.

Its an interesting topic.

The days of set positions are gone. Wheras once it used to be FF and CHF, now it is tall forwards and small forwards.

IMO, the forward set up we will have, will be 2 tall type forwards with some talented small forwards. Then there will be Cordy playing forward for a part of the game ala the role by Brad Ottens.

One of our tall forwards will definately be Jarrad Grant. To be honest, have no clue as to the other one. I guess we will have to wait and see how much Boumann develops as well as seeing whether Roughhead is more suited in the ruck or in the forward line.

I also hope that some of the smaller players on our list, can develop into creative small forwards as that is one area we may need to bolster in future years.

Spot on:thumbsu:

You forgot to put Jones in the poll. He played CHF pretty much right through his junior days, it looks like he could play at either end of ground but he's still my pick.

Roughead more then likely won't be the CHF as he is more a Ruckman or Full forward/forward pocket. As poster said before Cordy can do a Ottens type role. If everything goes according to plan Grant could be our 3rd tall

You forgot to put Jones in the poll. He played CHF pretty much right through his junior days, it looks like he could play at either end of ground but he's still my pick.

Roughead more then likely won't be the CHF as he is more a Ruckman or Full forward/forward pocket. As poster said before Cordy can do a Ottens type role. If everything goes according to plan Grant could be our 3rd tall

Both Roughead and Cordy have looked good up forward in the intra club game. I just think Roughead could actually come in and play a KP role a lot earlier than Cordy.

Grant is more of a FF than a CHF from what I've seen. Has wonderful explosive pace but not necessarily sustained and an amazing set of hands.

Cordy is my preference, if he plays CHF he can play the Riewoldt lead up type or push to a wing like Richo and deliver inside fifty with precise skills.

Grant is more of a FF than a CHF from what I've seen. Has wonderful explosive pace but not necessarily sustained and an amazing set of hands.

Cordy is my preference, if he plays CHF he can play the Riewoldt lead up type or push to a wing like Richo and deliver inside fifty with precise skills.

Haven't seen much of Cordy. Is his skills really good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Roughead and Cordy have looked good up forward in the intra club game. I just think Roughead could actually come in and play a KP role a lot earlier than Cordy.

I didn't see Roughead in the intra club match, but from what i read all of his goals were gifts.

I have seen Roughead play in the under 18's and i can tell you he's a lot better Ruckman then he is a key forward. Don't get me wrong, he's ok in the forward line and he could probably do a better job then Minson at FF. But i can tell you he will probably never become a CHF

Grant looks very much the fevola type to me - same height, same burst, same great hands. kicking wont be as good, but I think he will be better at ground level.

Cordy would be a horror matchup for the opposition across half froward - not as explosively athletic and freakish in ability as Buddy, but certainly no slouch in either of those departments for someone 8cm taller!

I think Grant looks like a natural CHF. He has the pace and ball handling skills. Reads the play very well, sticky hands, good body use and is plenty tall enough. Some posters raise question marks over his build and seem to feel a lighter build is a better fit for FF. However, it is too early to predict how he will fill out and also, if you had a weigh off between the best half dozen CHFs and FFs, I am pretty confident it would be the FFs who come out as the heavyweights.

Cordy for me, particularly if the game goes down the path of the rolling zone. The value of a freakishly tall player who is also good below the knees - like all good CHF's are - will increase. Then, on the turn, the lad can get it into a quick leading Grant out in space!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back